Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Microsoft Update keeps installing MS Office Updates

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2008
Ad Fundum
 

Posts: n/a
Microsoft Update keeps installing MS Office Updates
Every time there is a MS Office update available, MS Update keeps installing
it over and over. How can I solve this problem?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Update keeps installing MS Office Updates
How to troubleshoot failures updating your Office installation...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304498

How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
Update Services installation issues:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602

1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527

2. You cannot install some updates or programs
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

3a. Check your WindowsUpdate.log (%windir%\WindowsUpdate.log) for errors
associated with the download/install.

How to read the WindowsUpdate.log file
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...showentry=1122
and/or go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and Support
link in left pane > Solve problems on your own.
===========================

If (and only if) the updates in question are security updates, you can...

Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527

Support for Windows Update:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Ad Fundum wrote:
> Every time there is a MS Office update available, MS Update keeps
> installing
> it over and over. How can I solve this problem?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2008
mumleklea@ymail.com
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Microsoft Update keeps installing MS Office Updates


"Ad Fundum" wrote:

> Every time there is a MS Office update available, MS Update keeps installing
> it over and over. How can I solve this problem?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2008
حمد الخيلي
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Microsoft Update keeps installing MS Office Updates


"Ad Fundum" wrote:

> Every time there is a MS Office update available, MS Update keeps installing
> it over and over. How can I solve this problem?

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2008
Ad Fundum
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Microsoft Update keeps installing MS Office Updates
I haven't found a solution yet
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Update keeps installing MS Office Updates
Repost:

If (and only if) the updates in question are security updates, you can...

Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527

Support for Windows Update:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Ad Fundum wrote:
> I haven't found a solution yet

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2008
Ad Fundum
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Update keeps installing MS Office Updates
How do i know if it are security updates?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Repost:
>
> If (and only if) the updates in question are security updates, you can...
>
> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
>
> Support for Windows Update:
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Ad Fundum wrote:
> > I haven't found a solution yet

>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Update keeps installing MS Office Updates
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) and full
Office version (e.g., Office 2003 SP3; Office 2007 SP1).
--
~PA Bear

Ad Fundum wrote:
> How do i know if it are security updates?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Repost:
>>
>> If (and only if) the updates in question are security updates, you can...
>>
>> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
>> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
>>
>> Support for Windows Update:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Ad Fundum wrote:
>>> I haven't found a solution yet

<paste>
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> How to troubleshoot failures updating your Office installation...
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304498
>
> How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
> Update Services installation issues:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602
>
> 1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section
> of
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527
>
> 2. You cannot install some updates or programs
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798
>
> 3a. Check your WindowsUpdate.log (%windir%\WindowsUpdate.log) for errors
> associated with the download/install.
>
> How to read the WindowsUpdate.log file
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093
>
> 3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...showentry=1122
> and/or go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and
> Support
> link in left pane > Solve problems on your own.
> ===========================
>
> If (and only if) the updates in question are security updates, you can...
>
> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
>
> Support for Windows Update:
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
>
> Ad Fundum wrote:
>> Every time there is a MS Office update available, MS Update keeps
>> installing
>> it over and over. How can I solve this problem?


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-22-2008
Ad Fundum
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Update keeps installing MS Office Updates
Windows XP Service Pack 3 , Office XP 2002 (Don't know which Service Pack)
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-22-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Update keeps installing MS Office Updates
[You're not going to get anywhere with this if you don't quote the entire
message to which you're replying, AF. I'll give you one last chance.]

Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com | If you're prompted to install any
Windows Update-related software, do so | Do NOT scan for updates yet, but
open UPDATE HISTORY instead.

Update History will list all updates, including the Office Updates that have
failed to install. Write down the KB number for each individual update
that's failed to install in the past month or so, then post the list in a
reply to this post. Remember to quote this entire post in your reply.
--
~PA Bear

Ad Fundum wrote:
> Windows XP Service Pack 3 , Office XP 2002 (Don't know which Service Pack)
>

<paste>
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) and
> full
> Office version (e.g., Office 2003 SP3; Office 2007 SP1).
>
> Ad Fundum wrote:
>> How do i know if it are security updates?
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>> Repost:
>>>
>>> If (and only if) the updates in question are security updates, you
>>> can...
>>>
>>> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
>>> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
>>>
>>> Support for Windows Update:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>>
>>> Ad Fundum wrote:
>>>> I haven't found a solution yet

> <paste>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> How to troubleshoot failures updating your Office installation...
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304498
>>
>> How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
>> Update Services installation issues:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602
>>
>> 1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section
>> of
>> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527
>>
>> 2. You cannot install some updates or programs
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798
>>
>> 3a. Check your WindowsUpdate.log (%windir%\WindowsUpdate.log) for errors
>> associated with the download/install.
>>
>> How to read the WindowsUpdate.log file
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093
>>
>> 3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...showentry=1122
>> and/or go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and
>> Support
>> link in left pane > Solve problems on your own.
>> ===========================
>>
>> If (and only if) the updates in question are security updates, you can...
>>
>> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
>> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
>>
>> Support for Windows Update:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
>>
>> Ad Fundum wrote:
>>> Every time there is a MS Office update available, MS Update keeps
>>> installing
>>> it over and over. How can I solve this problem?


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem installing updates for Office Pro 2007 and Vista Xander microsoft.public.windowsupdate 6 07-08-2009 00:15
Error message when installing updates for Office 2003 Richard C microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 10-25-2008 16:25
After installing Microsoft Office Accounting 2007? reggie microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 0 02-28-2008 09:24
Installing Microsoft Office 2003 dubbyk microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 8 02-27-2008 15:43
Error 80070643 when installing updates (NOT OFFICE) =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24gQnJ5YW4=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 9 07-03-2007 05:59




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:59.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120