Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Microsoft Updates Unexpectedly started failing

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2008
bje
 

Posts: n/a
Microsoft Updates Unexpectedly started failing
Hello

I just recently updated to XP service Pack 2 from Win2000. I successfully
loaded 26 automatic updates this morning and restarted my computer only to
find there were four more updates that required installation. All of them
failed. I also went into custom updates and tried to download Sp3.0. It also
failed.

The failure code for all seems to be 0x800093102 which I could not find when
I did a search. I also tried to use the cmd prompt to update the system to no
avail.

Any hel would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2008
Shenan Stanley
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Updates Unexpectedly started failing
bje wrote:
> I just recently updated to XP service Pack 2 from Win2000. I
> successfully loaded 26 automatic updates this morning and restarted
> my computer only to find there were four more updates that required
> installation. All of them failed. I also went into custom updates
> and tried to download Sp3.0. It also failed.
>
> The failure code for all seems to be 0x800093102 which I could not
> find when I did a search. I also tried to use the cmd prompt to
> update the system to no avail.
>
> Any hel would be greatly appreciated! Thanks


As many will tell you - ignore the title and symptoms listed in the article
referred to. Do method 1 and 2 and see if it fixes your issue whether or
not you repaired anything.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
Try method 1 and try to update*.
If fails - try method 2 and try to update*.

*try to update:
- Visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
- If it asks you to install anything before you see a selection of "Custom"
or "Express" - do so.
- Once you see the "Custom" or "Express" selection, choose "Custom".
- Scan for updates.
- When it lists what it finds - install the critical ones.
- You are generally safe doing the Optional Software Updates
(although I would not put Windows Search on anything.) I
suggest avoiding the Optional Hardware Updates completely.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2008
Engel
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Microsoft Updates Unexpectedly started failing
Hello bje,

I think in Dial-a-Fix can help you.

Perform Disk Cleanup checking all boxes except "Compress old files"
Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Clean-up

Reboot
-=-


Go ahead and download Dial-ª-Fix.
<http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix>

Scroll down about 2/3 of the way to Download Dial-ª-fix
Click the Double green checkmark and click Go.

Reboot

Try the
<http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/>
and D/L your updates
-=-

For the benefit of the community reading this post, please rate the pºst.

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Happy Christmªs

Ǝиçεl
-=-


"bje" wrote:

> Hello
>
> I just recently updated to XP service Pack 2 from Win2000. I successfully
> loaded 26 automatic updates this morning and restarted my computer only to
> find there were four more updates that required installation. All of them
> failed. I also went into custom updates and tried to download Sp3.0. It also
> failed.
>
> The failure code for all seems to be 0x800093102 which I could not find when
> I did a search. I also tried to use the cmd prompt to update the system to no
> avail.
>
> Any hel would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2008
bje
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Updates Unexpectedly started failing
Unfurtunately I've gone down these steps twice now. Updates is no longer
showing a whole bunch of other items requiredm but it is showing the need to
move to Service Pack 3. When I choose install, it goes tghrough the licensing
agreement and then when it tries to install I get an error that reads:

"ASN1 unexpected end of data"

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> bje wrote:
> > I just recently updated to XP service Pack 2 from Win2000. I
> > successfully loaded 26 automatic updates this morning and restarted
> > my computer only to find there were four more updates that required
> > installation. All of them failed. I also went into custom updates
> > and tried to download Sp3.0. It also failed.
> >
> > The failure code for all seems to be 0x800093102 which I could not
> > find when I did a search. I also tried to use the cmd prompt to
> > update the system to no avail.
> >
> > Any hel would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

>
> As many will tell you - ignore the title and symptoms listed in the article
> referred to. Do method 1 and 2 and see if it fixes your issue whether or
> not you repaired anything.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
> Try method 1 and try to update*.
> If fails - try method 2 and try to update*.
>
> *try to update:
> - Visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
> - If it asks you to install anything before you see a selection of "Custom"
> or "Express" - do so.
> - Once you see the "Custom" or "Express" selection, choose "Custom".
> - Scan for updates.
> - When it lists what it finds - install the critical ones.
> - You are generally safe doing the Optional Software Updates
> (although I would not put Windows Search on anything.) I
> suggest avoiding the Optional Hardware Updates completely.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2008
bje
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Microsoft Updates Unexpectedly started failing
Tried it all including Dial a Fix to no avail. All update loads are still
failing. Also during dial a fix, I got an error message stating that an error
occured in sschase.dll and that it needed to be repaired under repair
permissions tools dialogue.

Help!

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello bje,
>
> I think in Dial-a-Fix can help you.
>
> Perform Disk Cleanup checking all boxes except "Compress old files"
> Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Clean-up
>
> Reboot
> -=-
>
>
> Go ahead and download Dial-ª-Fix.
> <http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix>
>
> Scroll down about 2/3 of the way to Download Dial-ª-fix
> Click the Double green checkmark and click Go.
>
> Reboot
>
> Try the
> <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/>
> and D/L your updates
> -=-
>
> For the benefit of the community reading this post, please rate the pºst.
>
> I hope this post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ºut.
>
> Happy Christmªs
>
> Ǝиçεl
> -=-
>
>
> "bje" wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > I just recently updated to XP service Pack 2 from Win2000. I successfully
> > loaded 26 automatic updates this morning and restarted my computer only to
> > find there were four more updates that required installation. All of them
> > failed. I also went into custom updates and tried to download Sp3.0. It also
> > failed.
> >
> > The failure code for all seems to be 0x800093102 which I could not find when
> > I did a search. I also tried to use the cmd prompt to update the system to no
> > avail.
> >
> > Any hel would be greatly appreciated! Thanks




Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2008
bje
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Microsoft Updates Unexpectedly started failing
Unfortunately I tried it again to no avail, Engel. In addition to the error
on sccbase.dll, I also got an error for slbcsp.dll while trying to run dial a
fix.

One point to note . no where could I find the box i should not check
entitled "compress old files".

Looking forward to some other ideas. Thanks!

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello bje,
>
> I think in Dial-a-Fix can help you.
>
> Perform Disk Cleanup checking all boxes except "Compress old files"
> Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Clean-up
>
> Reboot
> -=-
>
>
> Go ahead and download Dial-ª-Fix.
> <http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix>
>
> Scroll down about 2/3 of the way to Download Dial-ª-fix
> Click the Double green checkmark and click Go.
>
> Reboot
>
> Try the
> <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/>
> and D/L your updates
> -=-
>
> For the benefit of the community reading this post, please rate the pºst.
>
> I hope this post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ºut.
>
> Happy Christmªs
>
> Ǝиçεl
> -=-
>
>
> "bje" wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > I just recently updated to XP service Pack 2 from Win2000. I successfully
> > loaded 26 automatic updates this morning and restarted my computer only to
> > find there were four more updates that required installation. All of them
> > failed. I also went into custom updates and tried to download Sp3.0. It also
> > failed.
> >
> > The failure code for all seems to be 0x800093102 which I could not find when
> > I did a search. I also tried to use the cmd prompt to update the system to no
> > avail.
> >
> > Any hel would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Updates Unexpectedly started failing
1. See if you can download/run the MSRT manually:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma...e/default.mspx

2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/howsafe.htm

3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
log to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_R...:_Introduction
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/data/prevention.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...moving_Malware

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
(http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use (in
conjuction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix anything on
its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...php?board=10.0,
http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or another appropriate forum for review
by an expert in such matters, not here.**

If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting this
isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local, reputable and
independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA) computer repair shop.
=====================
Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527

Support for Windows Update:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport

For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in
the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
security updates.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

bje wrote:
> Unfurtunately I've gone down these steps twice now. Updates is no longer
> showing a whole bunch of other items requiredm but it is showing the need
> to
> move to Service Pack 3. When I choose install, it goes tghrough the
> licensing agreement and then when it tries to install I get an error that
> reads:
>
> "ASN1 unexpected end of data"
>
> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
>> bje wrote:
>>> I just recently updated to XP service Pack 2 from Win2000. I
>>> successfully loaded 26 automatic updates this morning and restarted
>>> my computer only to find there were four more updates that required
>>> installation. All of them failed. I also went into custom updates
>>> and tried to download Sp3.0. It also failed.
>>>
>>> The failure code for all seems to be 0x800093102 which I could not
>>> find when I did a search. I also tried to use the cmd prompt to
>>> update the system to no avail.
>>>
>>> Any hel would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

>>
>> As many will tell you - ignore the title and symptoms listed in the
>> article
>> referred to. Do method 1 and 2 and see if it fixes your issue whether or
>> not you repaired anything.
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
>> Try method 1 and try to update*.
>> If fails - try method 2 and try to update*.
>>
>> *try to update:
>> - Visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
>> - If it asks you to install anything before you see a selection of
>> "Custom"
>> or "Express" - do so.
>> - Once you see the "Custom" or "Express" selection, choose "Custom".
>> - Scan for updates.
>> - When it lists what it finds - install the critical ones.
>> - You are generally safe doing the Optional Software Updates
>> (although I would not put Windows Search on anything.) I
>> suggest avoiding the Optional Hardware Updates completely.
>>
>> --
>> Shenan Stanley
>> MS-MVP
>> --
>> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
>> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2008
Engel
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Microsoft Updates Unexpectedly started failing
Hi bje,

Out of curiosity, wich update(s) are you tяying to install?

Have you run full anti-virus and anti-spyware scans yet?

Try SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes.
<http://www.superantispyware.com/>
<http://securitynewsfromthenet.blogspot.com/2007/04/superantispyware-home-edition-free.html>
-=-
<http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>
<http://securitynewsfromthenet.blogspot.com/2008/03/malwarebytes-anti-malware-105.html>


You might want to contact Microsoft Customer Support Services.

To contact Microsoft Customer Support Services, visit the following Microsoft
Web site:

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/


Where to get help:


Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (All Languages)

<http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gprid=522131>

Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3). This support for SP3 is valid
until April 14, 2009.


To get support for this version of Dial-a-fix at Lunarsoft.
<http://www.lunarsoft.net/forums/>


You may want to look in the event logs for interesting error messages, too.

Good luck
-=-


"bje" wrote:

> Tried it all including Dial a Fix to no avail. All update loads are still
> failing. Also during dial a fix, I got an error message stating that an error
> occured in sschase.dll and that it needed to be repaired under repair
> permissions tools dialogue.
>
> Help!
>
> "Engel" wrote:
>
> > Hello bje,
> >
> > I think in Dial-a-Fix can help you.
> >
> > Perform Disk Cleanup checking all boxes except "Compress old files"
> > Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Clean-up
> >
> > Reboot
> > -=-
> >
> >
> > Go ahead and download Dial-ª-Fix.
> > <http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix>
> >
> > Scroll down about 2/3 of the way to Download Dial-ª-fix
> > Click the Double green checkmark and click Go.
> >
> > Reboot
> >
> > Try the
> > <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/>
> > and D/L your updates
> > -=-
> >
> > For the benefit of the community reading this post, please rate the pºst.
> >
> > I hope this post is helpful.
> >
> > Let us know how it works ºut.
> >
> > Happy Christmªs
> >
> > Ǝиçεl
> > -=-
> >
> >
> > "bje" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > I just recently updated to XP service Pack 2 from Win2000. I successfully
> > > loaded 26 automatic updates this morning and restarted my computer only to
> > > find there were four more updates that required installation. All of them
> > > failed. I also went into custom updates and tried to download Sp3.0. It also
> > > failed.
> > >
> > > The failure code for all seems to be 0x800093102 which I could not find when
> > > I did a search. I also tried to use the cmd prompt to update the system to no
> > > avail.
> > >
> > > Any hel would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2008
bje
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Microsoft Updates Unexpectedly started failing
Thanks, Engel.

I'm running XP sp 2 and am trying to load the following updates as well as
Sp3:

Security Update for Windows XP (KB954600)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB957097)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956841)
Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB938127)
Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB960714)
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB958215)
Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP (KB956391)

If it's of any relevance I successfully loaded about 25 updates earlier this
morning including IE7.0.

Yes, I've run a number of spyware programs. I tried the two you reference
and a couple of trojans appeared that were not caught with other packages.
They were cleaned up successfully, I rebooted, but still no ability to load
these updates.

Thanks!


"Engel" wrote:

> Hi bje,
>
> Out of curiosity, wich update(s) are you tяying to install?
>
> Have you run full anti-virus and anti-spyware scans yet?
>
> Try SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes.
> <http://www.superantispyware.com/>
> <http://securitynewsfromthenet.blogspot.com/2007/04/superantispyware-home-edition-free.html>
> -=-
> <http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>
> <http://securitynewsfromthenet.blogspot.com/2008/03/malwarebytes-anti-malware-105.html>
>
>
> You might want to contact Microsoft Customer Support Services.
>
> To contact Microsoft Customer Support Services, visit the following Microsoft
> Web site:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/
>
>
> Where to get help:
>
>
> Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (All Languages)
>
> <http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gprid=522131>
>
> Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
> Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3). This support for SP3 is valid
> until April 14, 2009.
>
>
> To get support for this version of Dial-a-fix at Lunarsoft.
> <http://www.lunarsoft.net/forums/>
>
>
> You may want to look in the event logs for interesting error messages, too.
>
> Good luck
> -=-
>
>
> "bje" wrote:
>
> > Tried it all including Dial a Fix to no avail. All update loads are still
> > failing. Also during dial a fix, I got an error message stating that an error
> > occured in sschase.dll and that it needed to be repaired under repair
> > permissions tools dialogue.
> >
> > Help!
> >
> > "Engel" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello bje,
> > >
> > > I think in Dial-a-Fix can help you.
> > >
> > > Perform Disk Cleanup checking all boxes except "Compress old files"
> > > Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Clean-up
> > >
> > > Reboot
> > > -=-
> > >
> > >
> > > Go ahead and download Dial-ª-Fix.
> > > <http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix>
> > >
> > > Scroll down about 2/3 of the way to Download Dial-ª-fix
> > > Click the Double green checkmark and click Go.
> > >
> > > Reboot
> > >
> > > Try the
> > > <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/>
> > > and D/L your updates
> > > -=-
> > >
> > > For the benefit of the community reading this post, please rate the pºst.
> > >
> > > I hope this post is helpful.
> > >
> > > Let us know how it works ºut.
> > >
> > > Happy Christmªs
> > >
> > > Ǝиçεl
> > > -=-
> > >
> > >
> > > "bje" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Hello
> > > >
> > > > I just recently updated to XP service Pack 2 from Win2000. I successfully
> > > > loaded 26 automatic updates this morning and restarted my computer only to
> > > > find there were four more updates that required installation. All of them
> > > > failed. I also went into custom updates and tried to download Sp3.0. It also
> > > > failed.
> > > >
> > > > The failure code for all seems to be 0x800093102 which I could not find when
> > > > I did a search. I also tried to use the cmd prompt to update the system to no
> > > > avail.
> > > >
> > > > Any hel would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

> >
> >
> >

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2008
Engel
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Microsoft Updates Unexpectedly started failing
Hi bje,

I suggest that you read this
Cleaning a Compromised System
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/secmgmt/sm0504.mspx>
this apply to Trojans.

Before you try to install the updates, I suggest, be sure following this
intructions
<http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal_and_Prevention:_Introduction>
-=-
<http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal_and_Prevention:_Overview>
-=-
Not the least, IMHO one of the best
<http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html>
-=-

It cannot hurt to try. ;-)

For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in
the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft
subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft
International Support Web site:
<http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=4>
North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by visiting
the following Microsoft Web site:
<http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552>
In the U.S. or Canada call 1-866-pcsafety.


Elsewhere call the local number for paid support and ask for the free help
as outlined above--the call may not be toll-free, but there's no charge for
the help.


Maybe someone else can conjure up something else to try.

Good luck
-=-



"bje" wrote:

> Thanks, Engel.
>
> I'm running XP sp 2 and am trying to load the following updates as well as
> Sp3:
>
> Security Update for Windows XP (KB954600)
> Security Update for Windows XP (KB957097)
> Security Update for Windows XP (KB956841)
> Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB938127)
> Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB960714)
> Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB958215)
> Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP (KB956391)
>
> If it's of any relevance I successfully loaded about 25 updates earlier this
> morning including IE7.0.
>
> Yes, I've run a number of spyware programs. I tried the two you reference
> and a couple of trojans appeared that were not caught with other packages.
> They were cleaned up successfully, I rebooted, but still no ability to load
> these updates.
>
> Thanks!
>
>
> "Engel" wrote:
>
> > Hi bje,
> >
> > Out of curiosity, wich update(s) are you tяying to install?
> >
> > Have you run full anti-virus and anti-spyware scans yet?
> >
> > Try SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes.
> > <http://www.superantispyware.com/>
> > <http://securitynewsfromthenet.blogspot.com/2007/04/superantispyware-home-edition-free.html>
> > -=-
> > <http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>
> > <http://securitynewsfromthenet.blogspot.com/2008/03/malwarebytes-anti-malware-105.html>
> >
> >
> > You might want to contact Microsoft Customer Support Services.
> >
> > To contact Microsoft Customer Support Services, visit the following Microsoft
> > Web site:
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/
> >
> >
> > Where to get help:
> >
> >
> > Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (All Languages)
> >
> > <http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gprid=522131>
> >
> > Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
> > Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3). This support for SP3 is valid
> > until April 14, 2009.
> >
> >
> > To get support for this version of Dial-a-fix at Lunarsoft.
> > <http://www.lunarsoft.net/forums/>
> >
> >
> > You may want to look in the event logs for interesting error messages, too.
> >
> > Good luck
> > -=-
> >
> >
> > "bje" wrote:
> >
> > > Tried it all including Dial a Fix to no avail. All update loads are still
> > > failing. Also during dial a fix, I got an error message stating that an error
> > > occured in sschase.dll and that it needed to be repaired under repair
> > > permissions tools dialogue.
> > >
> > > Help!
> > >
> > > "Engel" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Hello bje,
> > > >
> > > > I think in Dial-a-Fix can help you.
> > > >
> > > > Perform Disk Cleanup checking all boxes except "Compress old files"
> > > > Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Clean-up
> > > >
> > > > Reboot
> > > > -=-
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Go ahead and download Dial-ª-Fix.
> > > > <http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix>
> > > >
> > > > Scroll down about 2/3 of the way to Download Dial-ª-fix
> > > > Click the Double green checkmark and click Go.
> > > >
> > > > Reboot
> > > >
> > > > Try the
> > > > <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/>
> > > > and D/L your updates
> > > > -=-
> > > >
> > > > For the benefit of the community reading this post, please rate the pºst.
> > > >
> > > > I hope this post is helpful.
> > > >
> > > > Let us know how it works ºut.
> > > >
> > > > Happy Christmªs
> > > >
> > > > Ǝиçεl
> > > > -=-
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "bje" wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Hello
> > > > >
> > > > > I just recently updated to XP service Pack 2 from Win2000. I successfully
> > > > > loaded 26 automatic updates this morning and restarted my computer only to
> > > > > find there were four more updates that required installation. All of them
> > > > > failed. I also went into custom updates and tried to download Sp3.0. It also
> > > > > failed.
> > > > >
> > > > > The failure code for all seems to be 0x800093102 which I could not find when
> > > > > I did a search. I also tried to use the cmd prompt to update the system to no
> > > > > avail.
> > > > >
> > > > > Any hel would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
> > >
> > >
> > >

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista keeps failing config updates, error code not on Microsoft si Jelle microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 12-24-2008 18:01
Updates are failing DS microsoft.public.windowsupdate 4 10-01-2008 23:11
Microsoft Windows Updates are failing again....did this before but Tiff39 microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 01-25-2008 04:29
Failing Updates Gwd_50 microsoft.public.windowsupdate 8 11-28-2007 10:45
Article ID: 930905 The World Wide Web publishing service is unexpectedly turned on and started after you upgrade to Windows Vista KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:24.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120