Vista Windows Update no response

Fred0719

Vista Windows Update no response
I am using Windows Vista Business SP1.
Recently I found my laptop does not get any windows update notification.
When I clicked the Windows Update icon in control panel, it opened a
explorer-like window with blank content. The mouse pointer indicates that it
kept loading.

I have used Adware and Spybot to have a full scan but do not found any
problem.

Re: Vista Windows Update no response
There's a very strong possibility that the problem is due to a hijackware
infection.

2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):

3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
log to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Fred0719 wrote:
> I am using Windows Vista Business SP1.
> Recently I found my laptop does not get any windows update notification.
> When I clicked the Windows Update icon in control panel, it opened a
> explorer-like window with blank content. The mouse pointer indicates that
> it
> kept loading.
>
> I have used Adware and Spybot to have a full scan but do not found any
> problem.

chuck m

window update
had the problem also with my gateway after i downloaded the newest update date 12/10.but i found my fix by having another laptop that is a acer and it didn't affected it at all. i went to regedit first and then find and typed in wuauserv found it had two setting one was

hkey_local_machine\system\controlset001\services\w uauserv and hkey_local_machine\system\controlset002\services\w uauserv

i notice on my acer laptop it didn't have hkey_local_machine\system\controlset002\services\w uauserv in the regsister. but i did notice that

hkey_local_machine\system\controlset001\services\w uauserv in the gateway had Windows

Update as the display name but on the acer it had

@%systemroot%\system32\wuaueng.dll,-105 as the display name so i change it in the gateway. i thought that the

hkey_local_machine\system\controlset002\services\w uauserv was hiccup in the update.

so i change the display name and restart the computer and guess what the update window popped up right and i got to install the critical updtae for ie7. hope this works for other

Fred0719

RE: window update
Thanks for your advice.

I have followed your recommendation and my windows update works now.