Re: Office XP Update: KB837253 FAILED

TonyT

Re: Office XP Update: KB837253 FAILED

cross-posted to microsoft.public.windowsupdate

South-Paw in SWFL <SouthPawinSWFL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I appreciate your attempt to help me. I should have mentioned at the
>beginning I am a novice computer user. Your suggestion of "Maybe try finding
>your own way in" is greek to me. I haven't a clue how to find my own way
>other than doing what you did (which I had already done on my own before
>contacting you and I had the same result). Is there anyone else you can refer
>me to? Or is there a simple way to just not update my computer with whatever
>it is and simply delete the update notification so it doesn't keep popping up
>in my reminders?
>
>"Olórin" wrote:
>
>> "South-Paw in SWFL" <SouthPawinSWFL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:65C1B73C-C6F4-484C-BF98-B8452FBABB9F@microsoft.com...
>> > Thank you very much for your quick response. I clicked on the link you
>> > provided to try downloading the update separately and received the
>> > following
>> > pop up window:
>> >
>> > Window title: Microsoft Word 2002
>> > "Error 1321. Setup cannot modify the file C:\Program Files\Common
>> > Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\1033\WebView\CLASSICF.HTT. Verify that
>> > the
>> > file exists in your system and that you have sufficient permissions to
>> > update
>> > it."
>> >
>> > I am the only user on this computer so I must have permission. Now what?

>> The link just came from my going to www.microsoft.com and searching for that
>> KB then posting where I ended up. Maybe try finding your own way in; sorry,
>> no idea on that error message.

tonyR

"TonyT" wrote:

> cross-posted to microsoft.public.windowsupdate
>
> South-Paw in SWFL <SouthPawinSWFL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I appreciate your attempt to help me. I should have mentioned at the
> >beginning I am a novice computer user. Your suggestion of "Maybe try finding
> >your own way in" is greek to me. I haven't a clue how to find my own way
> >other than doing what you did (which I had already done on my own before
> >contacting you and I had the same result). Is there anyone else you can refer
> >me to? Or is there a simple way to just not update my computer with whatever
> >it is and simply delete the update notification so it doesn't keep popping up
> >in my reminders?
> >
> >"Olórin" wrote:
> >
> >> "South-Paw in SWFL" <SouthPawinSWFL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:65C1B73C-C6F4-484C-BF98-B8452FBABB9F@microsoft.com...

> >> The link just came from my going to www.microsoft.com and searching for that
> >> KB then posting where I ended up. Maybe try finding your own way in; sorry,
> >> no idea on that error message.

This might help for above Problems ... had exact same problem with the same
errors after I downloaded the standalone from the website. First I turned
off my security program (Zone Alarm). Then I noticed that the error message
had a retry option. Chose that and the download progressed to the next error.
Chose the retry option again. I think this happened a few times each time
choosing the retry option. It kept progressing through the update until it
finally finished. Everything is good now.

Re: Office XP Update: KB837253 FAILED
<pst> This thread dates from Dec-08 and the OP hasn't been heard from since
19 Dec-08:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...4082996113940e
--
~PA Bear