Error updating: Error Code 80244019

William

Error updating: Error Code 80244019
Hello I keep getting this Error Code 80244019 and it tells me that windows is
installing updates please try back later, yet windows is not installing any
updates.

I am running the following system

xfx 8200Geforce Motherboard
AMD phenom x4 9550 processor
8 gigs Memory
PNY 9800gt graphic card with 1gig memory onboard
windows vista 64 bit

I just did a reload of windows onto my computer and did some of the updates
but it is stuck now and will not complete the install of most and will not
let me us the update feature.

Thank you for any help that you can provide.
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Error updating: Error Code 80244019
Try the method laid out here for registering wups2.dll:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
Reboot and see if the issue is resolved.
If no joy, then install the latest Version of the Windows Update Agent
using the links and steps laid out here;
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...php?m=9&y=2007

If still no joy, then the issue is probably being caused by a 3rd party
firewall or proxy server: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896226

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

William wrote:

> Hello I keep getting this Error Code 80244019 and it tells me that windows is
> installing updates please try back later, yet windows is not installing any
> updates.
>
> I am running the following system
>
> xfx 8200Geforce Motherboard
> AMD phenom x4 9550 processor
> 8 gigs Memory
> PNY 9800gt graphic card with 1gig memory onboard
> windows vista 64 bit
>
> I just did a reload of windows onto my computer and did some of the updates
> but it is stuck now and will not complete the install of most and will not
> let me us the update feature.
>
> Thank you for any help that you can provide.

Andy

Re: Error updating: Error Code 80244019
Hi,

I have the same problem. I tried to download the win update agent, but
the link is broken (from http://download.windowsupdate.com). Did Microsoft
change the link or remove it?

Thanks.

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> Try the method laid out here for registering wups2.dll:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
> Reboot and see if the issue is resolved.
> If no joy, then install the latest Version of the Windows Update Agent
> using the links and steps laid out here;
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...php?m=9&y=2007
>
> If still no joy, then the issue is probably being caused by a 3rd party
> firewall or proxy server: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896226
>

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> William wrote:
>
> > Hello I keep getting this Error Code 80244019 and it tells me that windows is
> > installing updates please try back later, yet windows is not installing any
> > updates.
> >
> > I am running the following system
> >
> > xfx 8200Geforce Motherboard
> > AMD phenom x4 9550 processor
> > 8 gigs Memory
> > PNY 9800gt graphic card with 1gig memory onboard
> > windows vista 64 bit
> >
> > I just did a reload of windows onto my computer and did some of the updates
> > but it is stuck now and will not complete the install of most and will not
> > let me us the update feature.
> >
> > Thank you for any help that you can provide.

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Error updating: Error Code 80244019
From where did you attempt to download the WUA ?
All the links on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949104
and http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...php?m=9&y=2007
start the download for it on my systems.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Andy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the same problem. I tried to download the win update agent, but
> the link is broken (from http://download.windowsupdate.com). Did Microsoft
> change the link or remove it?
>
> Thanks.
>
> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>

>>Try the method laid out here for registering wups2.dll:
>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
>>Reboot and see if the issue is resolved.
>>If no joy, then install the latest Version of the Windows Update Agent
>>using the links and steps laid out here;
>>http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...php?m=9&y=2007
>>
>>If still no joy, then the issue is probably being caused by a 3rd party
>>firewall or proxy server: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896226
>>

>>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
>>===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>>Never Forgotten
>>===============
>>

>>William wrote:
>>

>>>Hello I keep getting this Error Code 80244019 and it tells me that windows is
>>>installing updates please try back later, yet windows is not installing any
>>>updates.
>>>
>>>I am running the following system
>>>
>>>xfx 8200Geforce Motherboard
>>>AMD phenom x4 9550 processor
>>>8 gigs Memory
>>>PNY 9800gt graphic card with 1gig memory onboard
>>>windows vista 64 bit
>>>
>>>I just did a reload of windows onto my computer and did some of the updates
>>>but it is stuck now and will not complete the install of most and will not
>>>let me us the update feature.
>>>
>>>Thank you for any help that you can provide.

Re: Error updating: Error Code 80244019
You cannot download updates when you access the Windows Update Web site from
a Windows XP-based computer that is behind a firewall or a proxy server
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896226
[Error number: 0x80244017], [Error number: 0x80244018], [Error number:
0x80244019], [Error number: 0x8024401B], [Error number: 0x80244021]
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/