update failed error code 80070652

black and blue

update failed error code 80070652
Hello? Microsoft? Are you listening? I'm tired of my computer not
downloading "important" updates that YOU send me. I'm tired of my computer
encountering a "problem" and shuting down unexpectedly. I am a computer
consumer, i.e., I buy the computer and use it. I am not a software engineer!
That is YOUR job! Not mine. I am tired of your crappy software and I am
shopping for a MAC!!! I don't intend to ever come back to a PC or any
microsft products again. I have struggled for years with your crap and I'm
done...Thanks for the misery
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: update failed error code 80070652
black and blue wrote:

> Hello? Microsoft? Are you listening? I'm tired of my computer not
> downloading "important" updates that YOU send me. I'm tired of my computer
> encountering a "problem" and shuting down unexpectedly. I am a computer
> consumer, i.e., I buy the computer and use it. I am not a software engineer!
> That is YOUR job! Not mine. I am tired of your crappy software and I am
> shopping for a MAC!!! I don't intend to ever come back to a PC or any
> microsft products again. I have struggled for years with your crap and I'm
> done...Thanks for the misery

No one from MS regulary frequents this newsgroup therefore your post is
actually directed to no one.

Read these first: Mac OS X 10.5.6 Update Crashing Users' Systems

Mac OS X 10.5.6 Users Report Crashes, Blue Screens

And Apple's 'explanation' of what may be causing the issue:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3194

> You may experience unexpected results if you have third-party system software modifications
> installed or if you have modified the operating system through other means, or if you have moved
> Apple applications from their default locations (the /Applications or /Applications/Utilities folders.
> (This does not apply to normal application software installation.)

Good luck !

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Re: update failed error code 80070652
If you buy a car, can you drive it forever without doing any maintenance
whatsoever or encountering any mechanical problems?

black and blue wrote:
> Hello? Microsoft? Are you listening? I'm tired of my computer not
> downloading "important" updates that YOU send me. I'm tired of my
> computer
> encountering a "problem" and shuting down unexpectedly. I am a computer
> consumer, i.e., I buy the computer and use it. I am not a software
> engineer! That is YOUR job! Not mine. I am tired of your crappy software
> and I am shopping for a MAC!!! I don't intend to ever come back to a PC
> or
> any microsft products again. I have struggled for years with your crap
> and
> I'm done...Thanks for the misery

TVich

Re: update failed error code 80070652
No, but my car also doesn't crash going 60 mph and crash once a week, or
require me to turnonwinsheild-flipblinker-honkhorn to reset (aka
Cntrl-Alt-Del). Especially within one year of owning it. Not even close to
the same equivalent. No, I'm not a software engineer, but I did sleep at a
Holiday Inn Express, and I've STILL NO F"ING CLUE HOW TO RESOLVE THIS! Even
vehicles have recalls. Microsoft considers 'issues' like this, opportunities
$$$$. Unethical by my account.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> If you buy a car, can you drive it forever without doing any maintenance
> whatsoever or encountering any mechanical problems?
>
> black and blue wrote:
> > Hello? Microsoft? Are you listening? I'm tired of my computer not
> > downloading "important" updates that YOU send me. I'm tired of my
> > computer
> > encountering a "problem" and shuting down unexpectedly. I am a computer
> > consumer, i.e., I buy the computer and use it. I am not a software
> > engineer! That is YOUR job! Not mine. I am tired of your crappy software
> > and I am shopping for a MAC!!! I don't intend to ever come back to a PC
> > or
> > any microsft products again. I have struggled for years with your crap
> > and
> > I'm done...Thanks for the misery

Re: update failed error code 80070652
Perhaps we could help /you/ if you began a new thread and included some
details (e.g., full Windows version [e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1] and what
update is throwing the error).

Also see
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...2cae2b3c18c278

TVich wrote:
> No, but my car also doesn't crash going 60 mph and crash once a week, or
> require me to turnonwinsheild-flipblinker-honkhorn to reset (aka
> Cntrl-Alt-Del). Especially within one year of owning it. Not even close
> the same equivalent. No, I'm not a software engineer, but I did sleep at
> Holiday Inn Express, and I've STILL NO F"ING CLUE HOW TO RESOLVE THIS!
> Even
> vehicles have recalls. Microsoft considers 'issues' like this,
> opportunities $$$$. Unethical by my account.

<snip>

Harry Johnston [MVP]

TVich wrote:

> No, but my car also doesn't crash going 60 mph and crash once a week, or
> require me to turnonwinsheild-flipblinker-honkhorn to reset (aka
> Cntrl-Alt-Del).

On the other hand, automobiles have been around for about 120 years. Personal
computers have been around for about thirty. I can't speak from personal
experience, but I suspect that the average automobile was a bit less
user-friendly back in 1918!

(Much more to the point, automobiles are a *lot* less complicated than PCs,
don't have the same wild proliferation of third-party add-ons, and as far as I
know nobody writes viruses for cars.)

Bottom line: making personal computers work reliably all the time for everyone
simply isn't in the current state of the art.

Harry.
Bawkneira

RE: update failed error code 80070652
Hit ctrl>alt>del to get to Windows Task Manager when it is opened click in
the show processes from all users when the new screen comes up click on
msiexe.exe and click the end process button. this will let you
download. for some reason msiexe.exe sticks or stays open and won't let you
download.You should be ok and if not go back in and end process again