Windows Update installs unwanted Internet Explorer in boot sequenc

cr

Windows Update installs unwanted Internet Explorer in boot sequenc
I have my Win XP computer set to automatically notify me of updates.

On a number of occasions in the past 3 months or so, including earlier this
week, the updates have add Internet Explorer to my boot sequence, causing it
to load when I boot into Windows. I do not want this.

How can I:
1. remove the existing instances of IE from my boot sequence; and
2. ensure that this does not happen again?

Thank you.
Danny Sanders

Re: Windows Update installs unwanted Internet Explorer in boot sequenc
Go to start - Programs - startup and remove IE if it is there.

hth
DDS

"cr" <cr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have my Win XP computer set to automatically notify me of updates.
>
> On a number of occasions in the past 3 months or so, including earlier
> this
> week, the updates have add Internet Explorer to my boot sequence, causing
> it
> to load when I boot into Windows. I do not want this.
>
> How can I:
> 1. remove the existing instances of IE from my boot sequence; and
> 2. ensure that this does not happen again?
>
> Thank you.

Re: Windows Update installs unwanted Internet Explorer in boot sequenc
IE Tools | Internet Options | Advanced | Browsing | Automatically check for
IE updates (uncheck)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

cr wrote:
> I have my Win XP computer set to automatically notify me of updates.
>
> On a number of occasions in the past 3 months or so, including earlier
> this
> week, the updates have add Internet Explorer to my boot sequence, causing
> it
> to load when I boot into Windows. I do not want this.
>
> How can I:
> 1. remove the existing instances of IE from my boot sequence; and
> 2. ensure that this does not happen again?
>
> Thank you.

pablo lowrey

disable IE from startup
My startup folder is empty, yet IE still starts at login. Any suggestions?

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/default.aspx?ref=ng
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: disable IE from startup

<pablo lowrey> wrote in message news:200911117055plowrey@nwacc.edu...
> My startup folder is empty, yet IE still starts at login. Any suggestions?

Check the All Users Startup folder too.

Even simpler: Run... msconfig.exe and look in its Startup tab.

---