Slow Upload Speeds

Jeff N.

Slow Upload Speeds
I was curious if anyone has noticed a significant loss in upload speeds
after the last batch of December updates for XP. The last few days it's
dropped to Dixie Cups n String speeds up. Other computer does the same
thing after testing direct. Comcast guy can't figure it out either.
Swapped modems and got a bit better, but still not where it was. I run a
tight ship with no malware/viruses and minimal procesess running.

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: Slow Upload Speeds

security updates.

Support for Windows Update:

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

Jeff N. wrote:
> I was curious if anyone has noticed a significant loss in upload speeds
> after the last batch of December updates for XP. The last few days it's
> dropped to Dixie Cups n String speeds up. Other computer does the same
> thing after testing direct. Comcast guy can't figure it out either.
> Swapped modems and got a bit better, but still not where it was. I run a
> tight ship with no malware/viruses and minimal procesess running.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

spartney

Re: Slow Upload Speeds
Pa Bear, Thank you for the info. I wrote on the 15th about the Black Screen.
I got ahold of Microsoft and all is good now. They were very helpful. You
have a Great Holiday. spartney

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> security updates.
>
> Support for Windows Update:

> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net
>
> Jeff N. wrote:
> > I was curious if anyone has noticed a significant loss in upload speeds
> > after the last batch of December updates for XP. The last few days it's
> > dropped to Dixie Cups n String speeds up. Other computer does the same
> > thing after testing direct. Comcast guy can't figure it out either.
> > Swapped modems and got a bit better, but still not where it was. I run a
> > tight ship with no malware/viruses and minimal procesess running.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jeff

Re: Slow Upload Speeds
YW & thanks for your feedback. What did MS recommend that fixed your
problems?

spartney wrote:
> Pa Bear, Thank you for the info. I wrote on the 15th about the Black
> Screen. I got ahold of Microsoft and all is good now. They were very
> helpful. You have a Great Holiday. spartney
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

>> in
>> with
>> security updates.
>>
>> Support for Windows Update:
>>
>> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
>> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
>> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>>
>> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
>> through
>> your usual support contacts.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net
>>
>> Jeff N. wrote:
>>> I was curious if anyone has noticed a significant loss in upload speeds
>>> after the last batch of December updates for XP. The last few days it's
>>> dropped to Dixie Cups n String speeds up. Other computer does the same
>>> thing after testing direct. Comcast guy can't figure it out either.
>>> Swapped modems and got a bit better, but still not where it was. I run
>>> tight ship with no malware/viruses and minimal procesess running.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jeff

Jeff N.

Re: Slow Upload Speeds