Automatic Update Failure

NSM

Automatic Update Failure
when i try to enable my automatic updates, and then click start, it gives me
the error message of: "Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either
because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associtated with
it." I need help to enable this.
DrJoeJr

RE: Automatic Update Failure
Searching for information on how to remove the series of "Vundo",
"Virtumonde" and "Smithfraud-c" trojan viruses from my computer. I tried
Microsoft Onecare.live site and downloaded the software. It located some of
the viruses but did NOT remove them... much to my disappointment! One of the
viruses prevented Automatic Windows Update from operating and it would not
allow the Automatic Updates to be set from the Microsoft Windows XP Security
Center. I searched the Microsoft.com Communities Newsgroups and found that
there have been several hundred people who experienced the same problems
cause by this "Vundo" virus family. I tried many of the solutions proposed by
various contributors... some by Microsoft employees, but none of them worked.
I tried Spybot, Norton 360 and AdWare SE... they did not work either. The
saving grace was that I found buried a post provided by a person named
"ronrieger" on 12/30/2008. He described how he downloaded free software from
www.SUPERAntispye.com, ran it and found the trojans that other programs
failed to find AND better yet, it removed them! Then he went back to WUAUSERV
and was able to set the Automatic Updates entry to "Start" and the problem
was resolved! I give all the credit to "ronrieger". I repeated his suggestion
and it worked! I would suggest that Microsoft inform ALL it's Windows users
that this is a quick and easy solution to the Automatic Windows Update
problem and that it is an excellent software which Microsoft should recommend
to the hundreds or thousands of users experiencing the same problem. It would
save thousands of manhours of work and frustration to your users. Thanks
again to ronrieger and the creators of SuperAntispyware.com. I will indeed
make a voluntary donation to these people. Obviously they have a superior
product!
--
DrJoeJr