Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Windows failed to install the following update: KB954600

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-18-2008
Jason Luo
 

Posts: n/a
Windows failed to install the following update: KB954600
I attempted to install KB954600 on a Windows XP SP2 and recieved the
following error message, it's appear a message "Required installation branch
was not found in INF file" and Error Code : 0x8007F0ED. Pls help.
[KB954600.log] as beneath,
1.390: 2008/12/19 01:32:08.546 (local)
1.406:
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\1657026d4 44c9a010199400f275f8d89\update\update.exe (version 6.3.13.0)
1.406: Failed To Enable SE_SHUTDOWN_PRIVILEGE
1.406: Hotfix started with following command line: -q -z -er
/ParentInfo:e493ae66cc6d5e469a2f92b825f0014b
1.406: In Function GetReleaseSet, line 1211, RegOpenKeyEx failed with error
0x2
1.406: In Function GetReleaseSet, line 1240, RegOpenKeyEx failed with error
0x2
2.218: ---- Old Information In The Registry ------
2.218: Source:C:\WINDOWS\system32\_000127_.tmp.dll (3.1.4001.5512)
2.218: Destination:
2.218: ---- New Information In The Registry ------
2.218: Source:C:\WINDOWS\system32\_000127_.tmp.dll (3.1.4001.5512)
2.218: Destination:
2.218: In Function GetReleaseSet, line 1211, RegOpenKeyEx failed with error
0x2
2.218: In Function GetReleaseSet, line 1240, RegOpenKeyEx failed with error
0x2
2.218: SetProductTypes: InfProductBuildType=BuildType.Sel
2.218: SetAltOsLoaderPath: No section uses DirId 65701; done.
2.250: DoInstallation: FetchSourceURL for
c:\windows\softwaredistribution\download\1657026d4 44c9a010199400f275f8d89\update\update_SP2GDR.inf failed
2.250: CreateUninstall = 1,Directory = C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB954600$
2.250: LoadFileQueues: UpdSpGetSourceFileLocation for halmacpi.dll failed:
0xe0000102
2.297: BuildCabinetManifest: update.url absent
2.297: Starting AnalyzeComponents
2.297: AnalyzePhaseZero used 0 ticks
2.312: No c:\windows\INF\updtblk.inf file.
2.312: OEM file scan used 0 ticks
2.312: AnalyzePhaseOne: used 15 ticks
2.312: AnalyzeComponents: Hotpatch analysis disabled; skipping.
2.312: AnalyzeComponents: Hotpatching is disabled.
2.312: FindFirstFile c:\windows\$hf_mig$\*.*
2.718: KB954600 安裝程式遇到錯誤: update.ver 檔案不*確。
2.734: AnalyzeForBranching: g_bRepeatInventory set to TRUE because target
file c:\windows\system32\strmdll.dll has branch sp3bta which is greater than
branch for sp2gdr
2.734: AnalyzeForBranching: g_bRepeatInventory set to TRUE because target
file c:\windows\system32\dllcache\strmdll.dll has branch sp3bta which is
greater than branch for sp2gdr
2.734: AnalyzeForBranching used 16 ticks.
2.734: AnalyzeComponents: Branch sp2gdr is not applicable to target
workstation
2.734: AnalyzeComponents used 437 ticks
3.125: Inventory complete: ReturnStatus=61675, 875 ticks
3.187: Num Ticks for invent : 937
3.187: DoInstallation: Re-running Inventory.
3.187: LoadFileQueues: UpdSpGetSourceFileLocation for halmacpi.dll failed:
0xe0000102
3.234: BuildCabinetManifest: update.url absent
3.234: Starting AnalyzeComponents
3.234: AnalyzePhaseZero used 0 ticks
3.234: No c:\windows\INF\updtblk.inf file.
3.234: OEM file scan used 0 ticks
3.234: AnalyzePhaseOne: used 0 ticks
3.234: AnalyzeComponents: Hotpatch analysis disabled; skipping.
3.234: AnalyzeComponents: Hotpatching is disabled.
3.234: FindFirstFile c:\windows\$hf_mig$\*.*
3.562: KB954600 安裝程式遇到錯誤: update.ver 檔案不*確。
3.578: AnalyzeForBranching: g_bRepeatInventory set to TRUE because target
file c:\windows\system32\strmdll.dll has branch sp3bta which is greater than
branch for sp2qfe
3.578: AnalyzeForBranching: g_bRepeatInventory set to TRUE because target
file c:\windows\system32\dllcache\strmdll.dll has branch sp3bta which is
greater than branch for sp2qfe
3.578: AnalyzeForBranching used 0 ticks.
3.578: AnalyzeComponents: Branch sp2qfe is not applicable to target
workstation
3.578: AnalyzeComponents used 344 ticks
3.578: InventoryThread: Failed, parent branch doesn't have valid inf file
3.578: Inventory complete: ReturnStatus=61677, 391 ticks
3.578: Num Ticks for invent : 391
3.578: KB954600 安裝程式遇到錯誤: 在 INF 檔案*找不到要求的安裝分支。
3.609: 在 INF 檔案*找不到要求的安裝分支。
3.609: Update.exe extended error code = 0xf0ed

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-19-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows failed to install the following update: KB954600
Did Automatic Updates or Windows Update website offer the machine KB954600
or are you attempting to install it manually?

What version of WMP is installed?

===
Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527

For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in
the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB954600).

Support for Windows Update:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport

For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through
your usual support contacts.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

Jason Luo wrote:
> I attempted to install KB954600 on a Windows XP SP2 and recieved the
> following error message, it's appear a message "Required installation
> branch
> was not found in INF file" and Error Code : 0x8007F0ED.

<snip>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-19-2008
Jason Luo
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows failed to install the following update: KB954600
WMP verson is 9.00.00.4503

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Did Automatic Updates or Windows Update website offer the machine KB954600
> or are you attempting to install it manually?
>
> What version of WMP is installed?
>
> ===
> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
>
> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in
> the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB954600).
>
> Support for Windows Update:
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
>
> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>
> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through
> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net
>
> Jason Luo wrote:
> > I attempted to install KB954600 on a Windows XP SP2 and recieved the
> > following error message, it's appear a message "Required installation
> > branch
> > was not found in INF file" and Error Code : 0x8007F0ED.

> <snip>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-19-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows failed to install the following update: KB954600
Upgrade to v10 or v11 then try again.

Jason Luo wrote:
> WMP verson is 9.00.00.4503
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Did Automatic Updates or Windows Update website offer the machine
>> KB954600
>> or are you attempting to install it manually?
>>
>> What version of WMP is installed?
>>
>> ===
>> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
>> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
>>
>> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
>> in
>> the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
>> subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated
>> with
>> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
>> related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g.,
>> KB954600).
>>
>> Support for Windows Update:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
>>
>> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
>> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
>> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>>
>> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
>> through
>> your usual support contacts.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net
>>
>> Jason Luo wrote:
>>> I attempted to install KB954600 on a Windows XP SP2 and recieved the
>>> following error message, it's appear a message "Required installation
>>> branch
>>> was not found in INF file" and Error Code : 0x8007F0ED.

>> <snip>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows failed to install the following update: KB955069 PleaseHelpME microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 12-13-2008 08:12
windows update failed to install scomanoz microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 1 07-23-2008 03:02
Windows update failed to install 92 updates cybermonkeything microsoft.public.windowsupdate 8 06-03-2008 14:28
SBS 2003 Update with SP2 failed: "Failed to install catalog files kglauner microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 01-28-2008 06:25
Windows update install failed The Wizard microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 01-25-2008 07:37




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:36.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120