Error code 80246001

Farafero

Error code 80246001
Greetings
i'm using a toshiba satellite a200 operating with windows vista, i have HP
Ipaq rw6815 operating on windows mobile 5 , when i connect it to my laptop
the windows updates tells me that there is a new (Optional) update availabe

Microsoft Corporation - Other Hardware - Windows Mobile based Device (
Optional) 8/26/2008

but when i try to install it this error message appears

Failed: 1 Update
Error Found:
code 80246001

what should i do now?

TaurArian

Re: Error code 80246001
Farafero wrote:
|| Greetings
|| i'm using a toshiba satellite a200 operating with windows vista, i
|| have HP Ipaq rw6815 operating on windows mobile 5 , when i connect
|| it to my laptop the windows updates tells me that there is a new
|| (Optional) update availabe
|| Microsoft Corporation - Other Hardware - Windows Mobile based Device
|| ( Optional) 8/26/2008
|| but when i try to install it this error message appears
|| Failed: 1 Update
|| Error Found:
|| code 80246001
|| what should i do now?

Personally, I would if possible get hardware updates from the manufacturer
rather than MS. Check the manufacturer to make sure you have the latest
drivers.

0x80246001
-2145099775
SUS_E_DM_URLNOTAVAILABLE
The requested file does not have an URL

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Farafero

Re: Error code 80246001
actually this is the latest update from the manufacturer

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Personally, I would if possible get hardware updates from the manufacturer
> rather than MS. Check the manufacturer to make sure you have the latest
> drivers.
>
> 0x80246001
> -2145099775
> SUS_E_DM_URLNOTAVAILABLE
> The requested file does not have an URL
>

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
> or guarantees and doesn't give any rights. Computer Maintenance:
> Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco

TaurArian

Re: Error code 80246001
So you are now getting the update directly from the manufacturer and not
through Windows Update?

"Farafero" wrote:

> actually this is the latest update from the manufacturer
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
> > Personally, I would if possible get hardware updates from the manufacturer
> > rather than MS. Check the manufacturer to make sure you have the latest
> > drivers.
> >
> > 0x80246001
> > -2145099775
> > SUS_E_DM_URLNOTAVAILABLE
> > The requested file does not have an URL
> >

> > --
> >
> > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> > http://taurarian.mvps.org
> > ======================================
> > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> > Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
> > or guarantees and doesn't give any rights. Computer Maintenance:
> > Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco

Farafero

Re: Error code 80246001
i checked the hardware manufacturer for the latest driver for this model as
you suggested in your last reply and it was the latest but it seems that
windows update has newer one but i cant install it

"TaurArian" wrote:

> So you are now getting the update directly from the manufacturer and not
> through Windows Update?
> --
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.
>

> "Farafero" wrote:
>
> > actually this is the latest update from the manufacturer
> >
> > "TaurArian" wrote:
> >
> > > Personally, I would if possible get hardware updates from the manufacturer
> > > rather than MS. Check the manufacturer to make sure you have the latest
> > > drivers.
> > >
> > > 0x80246001
> > > -2145099775
> > > SUS_E_DM_URLNOTAVAILABLE
> > > The requested file does not have an URL
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> > > http://taurarian.mvps.org
> > > ======================================
> > > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> > > Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
> > > or guarantees and doesn't give any rights. Computer Maintenance:
> > > Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco

TaurArian

Re: Error code 80246001
I would stick with the driver you have which the manufacturer says is the
latest and ignore the Windows Update driver.

Windows Update is not always the best source to rely on for 3rd party
drivers.

Farafero wrote:
:: i checked the hardware manufacturer for the latest driver for this
:: model as you suggested in your last reply and it was the latest but
:: it seems that windows update has newer one but i cant install it
::
:: "TaurArian" wrote:
::
::: So you are now getting the update directly from the manufacturer
::: and not through Windows Update?
::: --
::: Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no
::: warranties or guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.
:::
:::
:::
::: "Farafero" wrote:
:::
:::: actually this is the latest update from the manufacturer
::::
:::: "TaurArian" wrote:
::::
::::: Personally, I would if possible get hardware updates from the
::::: manufacturer rather than MS. Check the manufacturer to make sure
::::: you have the latest drivers.
:::::
::::: 0x80246001
::::: -2145099775
::::: SUS_E_DM_URLNOTAVAILABLE
::::: The requested file does not have an URL
:::::
:::::
::::: --