> I uninstalled the sp3 that gave me all those problems and it still wasn't
> working right (no service pack at all was there) so I restored it to 1
> week ago. Now it just runs extremely slow. Did this mess with the
> memory? Is there a way to check and a way to get it run faster
> again. Thank You.
Shenan Stanley wrote:
> In order to install Windows XP SP3 - you must have at least Windows XP SP1
> Not sure what your whole story is - perhaps you would like to share?
> I have windows xp professional and hardware says sp2 is installed. I
> installed sp3 cause it kept coming up on my screen (new windows update). I
> installed it and after that everything was going haywire.y takeing forever
> for explorer to come up and when it did the tool bars wouldn't be there
> or bottom. I now have it uninstalled and restored and sp2 is back, but
> everthing is running real slow now.
Sounds like you were infested with malware before, SP3 exposed this, after
the removal - you are still infested.
I could be incorrect.
- What have you scanned with (in terms of antispyware)?
- What have you scanned with (in terms of antivirus)?
- Have you checked for updated hardware drivers - in particular for
motherboard chipset, video, network and sound?
- How much memory (RAM) do you have?
- How much free disk space do you have on C:\?
- What type/speed is your processor?
- When was the last time you ran a CHKDSK on your hard disk drive?
- When was the last time you defragmented your hard disk drive?
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way