Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

problems after sp3 update installed

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2008
jimmy77
 

Posts: n/a
problems after sp3 update installed
I have a dell inspiron 4100 laptop That I bought used. I had it for a month
w/ no problems till I installed the sp3 windows update. After I restarted the
computer everything is haywire. When I try to go to internet explorer The
screen turns white, it takes a long time to show up and when it does there
are not even toolbars on top or bottom. What happened and what should I do? I
have the reinstall cd, but it is sp1 i believe and sp2 was on it.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2008
Shenan Stanley
 

Posts: n/a
Re: problems after sp3 update installed
jimmy77 wrote:
> I have a dell inspiron 4100 laptop That I bought used. I had it for
> a month w/ no problems till I installed the sp3 windows update.
> After I restarted the computer everything is haywire. When I try to
> go to internet explorer The screen turns white, it takes a long
> time to show up and when it does there are not even toolbars on top
> or bottom. What happened and what should I do? I have the reinstall
> cd, but it is sp1 i believe and sp2 was on it.


When you first bought it - you did use the installation CD and wipe it
completely clean - right?

After all - truthfully - no matter whom you received it from - you cannot be
sure what they did with it/put on it/are still taking off it/accidentally
got on it/etc....

Sounds like it was likely infested with spyware/adware (is still...)
May need a BIOS driver, likely needs hardware driver updates.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2008
jimmy77
 

Posts: n/a
Re: problems after sp3 update installed
it was wiped clean and like new. everything worked like a new computer,and
was pretty fast. I think now it is just running realy,realy slow

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> jimmy77 wrote:
> > I have a dell inspiron 4100 laptop That I bought used. I had it for
> > a month w/ no problems till I installed the sp3 windows update.
> > After I restarted the computer everything is haywire. When I try to
> > go to internet explorer The screen turns white, it takes a long
> > time to show up and when it does there are not even toolbars on top
> > or bottom. What happened and what should I do? I have the reinstall
> > cd, but it is sp1 i believe and sp2 was on it.

>
> When you first bought it - you did use the installation CD and wipe it
> completely clean - right?
>
> After all - truthfully - no matter whom you received it from - you cannot be
> sure what they did with it/put on it/are still taking off it/accidentally
> got on it/etc....
>
> Sounds like it was likely infested with spyware/adware (is still...)
> May need a BIOS driver, likely needs hardware driver updates.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-18-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: problems after sp3 update installed
How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 3 from your computer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950249

WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation
http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron...tallation.aspx

Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3), until 14 Apr-09. Chat and
e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select "Windows
XP" then select "Windows XP Service Pack 3"
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

jimmy77 wrote:
> it was wiped clean and like new. everything worked like a new computer,and
> was pretty fast. I think now it is just running realy,realy slow
>
> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
>> jimmy77 wrote:
>>> I have a dell inspiron 4100 laptop That I bought used. I had it for
>>> a month w/ no problems till I installed the sp3 windows update.
>>> After I restarted the computer everything is haywire. When I try to
>>> go to internet explorer The screen turns white, it takes a long
>>> time to show up and when it does there are not even toolbars on top
>>> or bottom. What happened and what should I do? I have the reinstall
>>> cd, but it is sp1 i believe and sp2 was on it.

>>
>> When you first bought it - you did use the installation CD and wipe it
>> completely clean - right?
>>
>> After all - truthfully - no matter whom you received it from - you cannot
>> be sure what they did with it/put on it/are still taking off
>> it/accidentally got on it/etc....
>>
>> Sounds like it was likely infested with spyware/adware (is still...)
>> May need a BIOS driver, likely needs hardware driver updates.
>>
>> --
>> Shenan Stanley
>> MS-MVP
>> --
>> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
>> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wxp sp3 problems w/ stanby after installed jd microsoft.public.windowsupdate 5 08-27-2008 20:07
Problems when installed Vista-1 Sravan microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 0 06-17-2008 11:12
Windows Update keeps on telling me to install an update which has already been installed! mlai microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 7 11-02-2007 20:08
Re: Windows Update keeps on telling me to install an update which has already been installed! mlai microsoft.public.windowsupdate 4 11-02-2007 20:08




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:06.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120