update failed

jskamm

update failed
trying to install KB956802 and KB955839. I'm using IE8 beta 2. the
installation fails everytime I try to update. Does anyone have any
suggestions?
Alias

Re: update failed
jskamm wrote:
> trying to install KB956802 and KB955839. I'm using IE8 beta 2. the
> installation fails everytime I try to update. Does anyone have any
> suggestions?

Yeah, realize that using a BETA is stupid unless you're a BETA tester.

Alias
jskamm

Re: update failed
I thought the point of using this community was to get assistance, not
stupid suggestions. SORRY, I'm not a techie like you!

"Alias" wrote:

> jskamm wrote:
> > trying to install KB956802 and KB955839. I'm using IE8 beta 2. the
> > installation fails everytime I try to update. Does anyone have any
> > suggestions?

> Yeah, realize that using a BETA is stupid unless you're a BETA tester.
>
> Alias

Alias

Re: update failed
jskamm wrote:
> I thought the point of using this community was to get assistance, not
> stupid suggestions. SORRY, I'm not a techie like you!

Even more reason why you should go to Add/Remove and remove IE8. If
you're not a "techie", leave BETA programs alone.

Oh, and you can just go f^ck yourself if you can't handle constructive
criticism. Saying that using a BETA product is stupid if you're not a
BETA tester is not an insult but a fact, Jack.

Alias

> "Alias" wrote:
>
>> jskamm wrote:
>>> trying to install KB956802 and KB955839. I'm using IE8 beta 2. the
>>> installation fails everytime I try to update. Does anyone have any
>>> suggestions?

>> Yeah, realize that using a BETA is stupid unless you're a BETA tester.
>>
>> Alias

jskamm

Re: update failed
I guess you've got to be a A^shole to give out constructive criiticism.
SORRY, didn't mean to hurt your feelings! Oh by the way, you can stick it
where the sun don't sun.

"Alias" wrote:

> jskamm wrote:
> > I thought the point of using this community was to get assistance, not
> > stupid suggestions. SORRY, I'm not a techie like you!

> Even more reason why you should go to Add/Remove and remove IE8. If
> you're not a "techie", leave BETA programs alone.
>
> Oh, and you can just go f^ck yourself if you can't handle constructive
> criticism. Saying that using a BETA product is stupid if you're not a
> BETA tester is not an insult but a fact, Jack.
>
> Alias

> >> Yeah, realize that using a BETA is stupid unless you're a BETA tester.
> >>
> >> Alias

Alias

Re: update failed
jskamm wrote:
> I guess you've got to be a A^shole to give out constructive criiticism.
> SORRY, didn't mean to hurt your feelings! Oh by the way, you can stick it
> where the sun don't sun.

Sorry but if you're not a techie, running a BETA program is a stupid
act. This does not imply that you are stupid but that you did something
stupid, something that *everyone* does from time-to-time. Now, if you
want a solution, follow my advice to uninstall IE8 and see if you can do
updates with IE7.

Alias

> "Alias" wrote:
>
>> jskamm wrote:
>>> I thought the point of using this community was to get assistance, not
>>> stupid suggestions. SORRY, I'm not a techie like you!

>> Even more reason why you should go to Add/Remove and remove IE8. If
>> you're not a "techie", leave BETA programs alone.
>>
>> Oh, and you can just go f^ck yourself if you can't handle constructive
>> criticism. Saying that using a BETA product is stupid if you're not a
>> BETA tester is not an insult but a fact, Jack.
>>
>> Alias

Shenan Stanley

Re: update failed
jskamm wrote:
> trying to install KB956802 and KB955839. I'm using IE8 beta 2. the
> installation fails everytime I try to update. Does anyone have any
> suggestions?

Uninstall the Internet Explorer BETA (Beta means it is not complete, not
ready for release, may cause issues, etc.)

It should restore your older version of Internet Explorer. I suggest you
reboot afterwards and then visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and do a
custom scan for updates. Get all the high-priority ones for now. Ignore
the optional ones.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

jiminy crickit

RE: update failed
Did you try the steps outlined here?:

[Error number: 0x8DDD0018]
The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is
not running:

Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install
high-priority updates for your computer)
Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more
quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted)
Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with
troubleshooting, if needed)
To make sure these services are running:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type services.msc and then click OK.
3. In the list of services, double-click on Automatic Updates and then click
Properties.
4. In the Startup type list, select Automatic and click Apply.
5. Verify that the Service status is started, if the Service Status is
Stopped click on the Start Button.
6. In the list of services, double-click on Background Intelligent Transfer
Service (BITS) and then click Properties.
7. In the Startup type list, select Manual and click Apply.
8. Verify that the Service status is started, If the Service Status is
Stopped click on the Start Button.
9. In the list of services, double-click on Event Log and then click
Properties.
10. In the Startup type list, select Automatic and click Apply.
11. Verify that the Service status is started, If the Service Status is
Stopped click on the Start Button.
If

As for me this did not work......

I started the service both manually and later automatically and it shuts
down instantly. It does not even give me the opportunity to change screens
to get the update to refresh on the webpage. This is the most serious
concern to date..... our systems are vulnerable