MS Update - reduced size window

Smirnoff

MS Update - reduced size window
XP Pro, SP3, IE7.

I was experimenting with the right-click commands in the taskbar,
Cascade Windows, Tile Windows Horizontally etc.
One window open at the time was MS Update. I then turned tiling off.
Now, each time I open it from the Start menu (classic), it
is reduced in size as though it was a tiled window.

Checked the shortcut properties and made sure Run maximised was
selected. Then clicked Target. This took me to a DLL but couldn't select
any preferences.

Deleted DLL and shortcut.

Opened MS Update again and maximised, then dragged IE icon into Start
menu. This time when I look at shortcut properties, it just tells me
that it is a shortcut to a web link, so I may have messed up deleting
the DLL.

Have tried clicking the maximise button, opening a new window, dragging
to full size and
closing the new window first before Ctrl and closing update window,
right-clicking in the taskbar and selecting maximise but when it
reopens, it is still reduced in size

However, I notice that if IE is already open and I click the shortcut,
it opens in a max window. Puzzling.

Smirnoff

Re: MS Update - reduced size window
Gave up trying to fix problem and did a system restore, all OK now.