Repeated Automatic Update

vanyak

Repeated Automatic Update
I keep getting the same automatic update notification for "Security Update
for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB952069)." Each time I install, it reports
that it has been successfully updated, yet the same update message keeps
coming back saying it needs to be installed.
Xael

Re: Repeated Automatic Update

I just spoke with MS concerning this issue. The problem was that I
didn't have the most current version of Windows Media Player installed.
The most current version is WMP 11. This is one of the optional
software updates. Install that and then run Windows Updates again to
pull any WMP 11 updates and you should be fine.

--
Xael
Xael's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/xael.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

vanyak

Re: Repeated Automatic Update
Thanks for the tip, that seems to have worked.

"Xael" wrote:

> I just spoke with MS concerning this issue. The problem was that I
> didn't have the most current version of Windows Media Player installed.
> The most current version is WMP 11. This is one of the optional
> software updates. Install that and then run Windows Updates again to
> pull any WMP 11 updates and you should be fine.
>

> --
> Xael
> Xael's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/xael.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1089049.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Kent_Diego

Re: Repeated Automatic Update
>I keep getting the same automatic update notification for "Security Update
> for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB952069)." Each time I install, it reports
> that it has been successfully updated, yet the same update message keeps
> coming back saying it needs to be installed.

I have the same problem. Over and over. I have Media Player 11. I install
via Windows Update and it says successful. A few minutes the yellow shield
appears saying I have another update. I tried the stand alone install in
safe mode. Any ideas?

danjant

Re: Repeated Automatic Update
I have the same problem and I have the latest version of Media Player 11.
Whenever I shut off the computer it "successfully" installs the update but
there it is the next time. Also ran Windows Update several times -- always
finds the Update and installs it "successfully."

"Kent_Diego" wrote:

> >I keep getting the same automatic update notification for "Security Update
> > for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB952069)." Each time I install, it reports
> > that it has been successfully updated, yet the same update message keeps
> > coming back saying it needs to be installed.

> I have the same problem. Over and over. I have Media Player 11. I install
> via Windows Update and it says successful. A few minutes the yellow shield
> appears saying I have another update. I tried the stand alone install in
> safe mode. Any ideas?

Kent_Diego

Re: Repeated Automatic Update
>I have the same problem and I have the latest version of Media Player 11.
> Whenever I shut off the computer it "successfully" installs the update but
> there it is the next time. Also ran Windows Update several times -- always
> finds the Update and installs it "successfully."

I just fixed the problem. I re-installed Windows Media player 11 from the
Microsoft website. I shut down the computer and the update installed again.
After start, the Windows Update site no longer has any updates for me.