update error code:80070490

eezapz2101

update error code:80070490
does anyone have a solution for this vista update error

Re: update error code:80070490
does anyone know you're full windows version or what update(s) you're trying
to install?

You receive a "0x80070490" error code when you use Windows Update or
Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044

ps: the error usually indicates a hijackware-infested machine

eezapz2101 wrote:
> does anyone have a solution for this vista update error

whenindoubtfixit

Re: update error code:80070490
If my system has been hijacked also, I'm dissapointed Windows Live One Care
didn't prevent it!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> does anyone know you're full windows version or what update(s) you're trying
> to install?
>
> You receive a "0x80070490" error code when you use Windows Update or
> Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044
>
> ps: the error usually indicates a hijackware-infested machine
>
> eezapz2101 wrote:
> > does anyone have a solution for this vista update error

TaurArian

Re: update error code:80070490
Unfortunately nothing is 100%, no anti virus, firewall etc
There are no guarantees.

"whenindoubtfixit" wrote:

> If my system has been hijacked also, I'm dissapointed Windows Live One Care
> didn't prevent it!
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > does anyone know you're full windows version or what update(s) you're trying
> > to install?
> >
> > You receive a "0x80070490" error code when you use Windows Update or
> > Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044
> >
> > ps: the error usually indicates a hijackware-infested machine
> >
> > eezapz2101 wrote:
> > > does anyone have a solution for this vista update error

Re: update error code:80070490
No security application can protect you from yourself.

whenindoubtfixit wrote:
> If my system has been hijacked also, I'm dissapointed Windows Live One
> Care
> didn't prevent it!
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> does anyone know you're full windows version or what update(s) you're
>> trying to install?
>>
>> You receive a "0x80070490" error code when you use Windows Update or
>> Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044
>>
>> ps: the error usually indicates a hijackware-infested machine
>>
>> eezapz2101 wrote:
>>> does anyone have a solution for this vista update error

whenindoubtfixit

Re: update error code:80070490
I've used the MS Malicious Software Removeal Tool with no faults found. I've
also tried the Vista reinstall "upgrade" option but in the end the upgrade
option was denied. I am not looking forward to a new install.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> No security application can protect you from yourself.
>
> whenindoubtfixit wrote:
> > If my system has been hijacked also, I'm dissapointed Windows Live One
> > Care
> > didn't prevent it!
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> does anyone know you're full windows version or what update(s) you're
> >> trying to install?
> >>
> >> You receive a "0x80070490" error code when you use Windows Update or
> >> Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044
> >>
> >> ps: the error usually indicates a hijackware-infested machine

Re: update error code:80070490
You're more than welcome to begin a new thread about /your/ problem.