Error number: 0x80072EE2

nateworklaptop

Error number: 0x80072EE2
Today (16DEC2008) Windows Update needed to install two things (cannot
remember what they were) in order to run. When I click either Express or
Custom, no updates are later displayed except an error message:

Error number: 0x80072EE2

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number
0x80072EE2) yourself.

The solutions did not help. I believe it is one of those installations that
caused the problem.

Can Microsoft or someone confirm this?

Thanks.

Re: Error number: 0x80072EE2
posting to this newsgroup.

Is Automatic Updates enabled? Is this a sudden, new problem?

You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows
Update or Microsoft Update to install updates:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

KB836941 not withstanding, the problem could be due to a hijackware
infection.

2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):

3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
log to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

nateworklaptop wrote:
> Today (16DEC2008) Windows Update needed to install two things (cannot
> remember what they were) in order to run. When I click either Express or
> Custom, no updates are later displayed except an error message:
>
> Error number: 0x80072EE2
>
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
> problem.

<snip>

Engel

RE: Error number: 0x80072EE2
Error 0x80072EE2 is: ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT

Translation: The request has timed out.

These errors indicate that the Windows Update client did not receive a
response from the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web site. This may be
caused by programs that are running on the client computer or by general
network-related failures

Source:

You may receive an "Error 0x80072EE2," error message when you try to use
the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site
<http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b836941>

Good luck
-=-

"nateworklaptop" wrote:

> Today (16DEC2008) Windows Update needed to install two things (cannot
> remember what they were) in order to run. When I click either Express or
> Custom, no updates are later displayed except an error message:
>
> Error number: 0x80072EE2
>
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
> For self-help options:
>
> Frequently Asked Questions
>
> Find Solutions
>
> Windows Update Newsgroup
> For assisted support options:
>
> Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)
>
> Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number
> 0x80072EE2) yourself.
>

> The solutions did not help. I believe it is one of those installations that
> caused the problem.
>
> Can Microsoft or someone confirm this?
>

> Thanks.

Engel

Re: Error number: 0x80072EE2
Hi PA Bear,

Sorry, I didn't see your post before I posted the info.

-=-

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> Is Automatic Updates enabled? Is this a sudden, new problem?
>

> You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows
> Update or Microsoft Update to install updates:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941
>
> KB836941 not withstanding, the problem could be due to a hijackware
> infection.

> 2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):
>
> 3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
> log to an appropriate forum.
>
> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
> http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_R...:_Introduction
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/

> (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use (in
> conjuction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix anything on
> its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
> hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or another appropriate forum for review
> by an expert in such matters, not here.**

> =====================
>
> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> nateworklaptop wrote:
> > Today (16DEC2008) Windows Update needed to install two things (cannot
> > remember what they were) in order to run. When I click either Express or
> > Custom, no updates are later displayed except an error message:
> >
> > Error number: 0x80072EE2
> >
> > The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> > trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
> > problem.

> <snip>

Re: Error number: 0x80072EE2
S*** happens/No worry

Engel wrote:
> Hi PA Bear,
>
> Sorry, I didn't see your post before I posted the info.
>
> -=-
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>
>> Is Automatic Updates enabled? Is this a sudden, new problem?
>>

>> You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use
>> Windows
>> Update or Microsoft Update to install updates:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941
>>
>> KB836941 not withstanding, the problem could be due to a hijackware
>> infection.
>>
>> 1. See if you can download/run the MSRT manually:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma...e/default.mspx
>>
>> 2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):
>> http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/howsafe.htm
>>
>> 3. Run additional checks for hijackware, including posting your
>> hijackthis
>> log to an appropriate forum.
>>
>> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
>> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
>> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
>> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
>> http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_R...:_Introduction
>> http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
>>
>> When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
>> (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use
>> (in conjuction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix
>> anything on its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
>> hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
>> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or another appropriate forum for
>> review by an expert in such matters, not here.**
>>
>> If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
>> =====================
>>
>> Support for Windows Update:

>> in
>> with
>> security updates.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> nateworklaptop wrote:
>>> Today (16DEC2008) Windows Update needed to install two things (cannot
>>> remember what they were) in order to run. When I click either Express or
>>> Custom, no updates are later displayed except an error message:
>>>
>>> Error number: 0x80072EE2
>>>
>>> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you
>>> are
>>> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
>>> problem.

>> <snip>

TaurArian

RE: Error number: 0x80072EE2
Try again later, maybe tomorrow, this error sometimes rectifies itself
without intervention. The servers may be overloaded.

"nateworklaptop" wrote:

> Today (16DEC2008) Windows Update needed to install two things (cannot
> remember what they were) in order to run. When I click either Express or
> Custom, no updates are later displayed except an error message:
>
> Error number: 0x80072EE2
>
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
> For self-help options:
>
> Frequently Asked Questions
>
> Find Solutions
>
> Windows Update Newsgroup
> For assisted support options:
>
> Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)
>
> Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number
> 0x80072EE2) yourself.
>

> The solutions did not help. I believe it is one of those installations that
> caused the problem.
>
> Can Microsoft or someone confirm this?
>

> Thanks.

wINDOWS xp SUDDEN NEW PROBLEM