can't use ports or plug ins

LC

can't use ports or plug ins
Since the 10th updates none of my ports are working-USB, Printer, etc...Does
anyone have a solution for this?
TaurArian

Re: can't use ports or plug ins
LC wrote:
> Since the 10th updates none of my ports are working-USB, Printer,
> etc...Does anyone have a solution for this?

What is your OS? What updates do you believe caused the problem?

I suggest if you believe it is WU that has caused the problem, then
uninstall the updates that were installed on the 10th December and see if
that rectifies the problem. Then one by one install the updates to see which
one did the damage.

You have not provided any information whatsoever so cannot assist any
further.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

ID-Dizzy

Re: can't use ports or plug ins
Hi

My Epson RX425 multi printer stopped working sfter i installed SP3 and i
thought it was broken as it didnt print from my laptop either... it may be
broken or.....?

I have since bought an epson sx105 which would not install and it came up
with a driver called USB MFP which would not install, so i took it back and
today bought a lexmark X2650 which also will not install. Apparently because
the INF was written for windows 95 or later????? My usb keyboard stopped
working and i had to go back to a serial KB but my usb mouse works as do my
usb pen and disk drives?

My OS is XP MCE on both the PC and Laptop 32bit both using SP3

can anyone help as i relly need a working printer?

"TaurArian" wrote:

> LC wrote:
> > Since the 10th updates none of my ports are working-USB, Printer,
> > etc...Does anyone have a solution for this?

> What is your OS? What updates do you believe caused the problem?
>
> I suggest if you believe it is WU that has caused the problem, then
> uninstall the updates that were installed on the 10th December and see if
> that rectifies the problem. Then one by one install the updates to see which
> one did the damage.
>
> You have not provided any information whatsoever so cannot assist any
> further.
>
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
> or guarantees and doesn't give any rights. Computer Maintenance:
> Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco

Peanut

Re: can't use ports or plug ins

"ID-Dizzy" wrote:

> Hi
>
> My Epson RX425 multi printer stopped working sfter i installed SP3 and i
> thought it was broken as it didnt print from my laptop either... it may be
> broken or.....?
>
> I have since bought an epson sx105 which would not install and it came up
> with a driver called USB MFP which would not install, so i took it back and
> today bought a lexmark X2650 which also will not install. Apparently because
> the INF was written for windows 95 or later????? My usb keyboard stopped
> working and i had to go back to a serial KB but my usb mouse works as do my
> usb pen and disk drives?
>
> My OS is XP MCE on both the PC and Laptop 32bit both using SP3
>
> can anyone help as i relly need a working printer?
>

> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
> > LC wrote:
> > > Since the 10th updates none of my ports are working-USB, Printer,
> > > etc...Does anyone have a solution for this?

> > What is your OS? What updates do you believe caused the problem?
> >
> > I suggest if you believe it is WU that has caused the problem, then
> > uninstall the updates that were installed on the 10th December and see if
> > that rectifies the problem. Then one by one install the updates to see which
> > one did the damage.
> >
> > You have not provided any information whatsoever so cannot assist any
> > further.
> >
> > --
> >
> > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> > http://taurarian.mvps.org
> > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> > Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
> > or guarantees and doesn't give any rights. Computer Maintenance:
> > Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco

Peanut

Re: can't use ports or plug ins
I'm in the same boat my usb ports will not even read my wireless router; I
had to buy an ethernet cord. Any solutions anyone??