WindowsUpdate_800B0100 will not install

ZachsDaddy

WindowsUpdate_800B0100 will not install
Have rebooted and tried again 3 times. This update was released on 10/14.
It is a security update. Any ideas?
ZachsDaddy

RE: WindowsUpdate_800B0100 will not install
BTW my OS is Vista SP1

"ZachsDaddy" wrote:

> Have rebooted and tried again 3 times. This update was released on 10/14.
> It is a security update. Any ideas?

Re: WindowsUpdate_800B0100 will not install
And the update in question would be...?

Did you install Vista SP1 manually or via Windows Update (or did it come
preinstalled)?

Error message when you try to use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web
sites to install updates: "0x800B0100"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956702
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

ZachsDaddy wrote:
> BTW my OS is Vista SP1
>
>> Have rebooted and tried again 3 times. This update was released on
>> 10/14.
>> It is a security update. Any ideas?

ZachsDaddy

Re: WindowsUpdate_800B0100 will not install
The update in question is "Security Update for Windows Vista (KB956841)".

I downloaded and installed SP1; it was not preinstalled.

The link you provided instructed me to download the System Update Readiness
Tool; it also stated that when I check for updates, "the tool is offered on
Windows Update only to computers that have a condition that the tool could
resolve." I performed the steps as instructed, but the System Update
Readiness Tool was not offered, so I assume it is not applicable to my
situation(?).

Other possibilities?
Thanks in advance.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> And the update in question would be...?
>
> Did you install Vista SP1 manually or via Windows Update (or did it come
> preinstalled)?
>
> Error message when you try to use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web
> sites to install updates: "0x800B0100"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956702
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> ZachsDaddy wrote:
> > BTW my OS is Vista SP1
> >
> >> Have rebooted and tried again 3 times. This update was released on
> >> 10/14.
> >> It is a security update. Any ideas?

Re: WindowsUpdate_800B0100 will not install
Repost:
>> Did you install Vista SP1 manually or via Windows Update...?

Have the updates released on 09 Dec-08 installed successfully? cf.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms08-dec.mspx

Have you tried downloading the update, saving it to your desktop, and then
installing it manually?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...9-2e3780f9f7c2

Otherwise, you may wish to...

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB956841).

Support for Windows Update:

your usual support contacts.
--
~PA Bear

ZachsDaddy wrote:
> The update in question is "Security Update for Windows Vista (KB956841)".
>
> I downloaded and installed SP1; it was not preinstalled.
>
> The link you provided instructed me to download the System Update
> Readiness
> Tool; it also stated that when I check for updates, "the tool is offered
> on
> Windows Update only to computers that have a condition that the tool could
> resolve." I performed the steps as instructed, but the System Update
> Readiness Tool was not offered, so I assume it is not applicable to my
> situation(?).
>
> Other possibilities?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> And the update in question would be...?
>>
>> Did you install Vista SP1 manually or via Windows Update (or did it come
>> preinstalled)?
>>
>> Error message when you try to use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update
>> Web sites to install updates: "0x800B0100"
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956702
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> ZachsDaddy wrote:
>>> BTW my OS is Vista SP1

ZachsDaddy

Re: WindowsUpdate_800B0100 will not install
I downloaded, saved to my desktop, and installed it as you stated. It
worked. Thank you for helping me.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Have you tried downloading the update, saving it to your desktop, and then
> installing it manually?
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...9-2e3780f9f7c2

Re: WindowsUpdate_800B0100 will not install
YW & thanks for your feedback.

ZachsDaddy wrote:
> I downloaded, saved to my desktop, and installed it as you stated. It
> worked. Thank you for helping me.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>

>> Have you tried downloading the update, saving it to your desktop, and
>> then
>> installing it manually?
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...9-2e3780f9f7c2

doeboiz

Re: WindowsUpdate_800B0100 will not install

I got this same error, followed this post, and tried to manually install
this patch. When I did so, I got an error that this update "does not apply
to this system".

If that is the case, why does the automatic updater pick this update for me?

-James