Update KB954430 - keeps wanting me to install

KG

Update KB954430 - keeps wanting me to install
Why does this update keep wanting to be installed. I have installed it 7
times, it shows it was successful. I ran the malicious software tool and
everything came out clean. How do I stop this update from installing over and
over again? I have Windows XP. It is doing it on both my computers. I am
ready to turn off automatic updates.

I seem to be having more problems since I updated to Explorer 8 Beta.
--
KG
Shenan Stanley

Re: Update KB954430 - keeps wanting me to install
KG wrote:
> Why does this update keep wanting to be installed. I have installed
> it 7 times, it shows it was successful. I ran the malicious
> software tool and everything came out clean. How do I stop this
> update from installing over and over again? I have Windows XP. It
> is doing it on both my computers. I am ready to turn off automatic
> updates.
>
> I seem to be having more problems since I updated to Explorer 8
> Beta.

You do know what the word "Beta" means when it comes to software, right?

Anyway...

If you read the KB article associated with the update you are attempting to
get installed...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954430

It says:
This security update may repeatedly appear in the update list on Microsoft
Update or on Windows Update if one of the system files is corrupted or if it
has not been updated correctly. For more information about this issue, click
the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge
Base:
941729 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729/ ) Security updates for
Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 may repeatedly appear in the
update list on Microsoft Update or on Windows Update

It also says...

How to obtain help and support for this security update

the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft
subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft
International Support Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/....aspx?rdpath=4

North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by visiting
the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?&prid=7552

One or the other should get you fixed up!

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Re: Update KB954430 - keeps wanting me to install
See this recent discussion, KG:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...7b5c53e03ab582
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

KG wrote:
> Why does this update keep wanting to be installed. I have installed it 7
> times, it shows it was successful. I ran the malicious software tool and
> everything came out clean. How do I stop this update from installing over
> and over again? I have Windows XP. It is doing it on both my computers. I
> am
> ready to turn off automatic updates.
>
> I seem to be having more problems since I updated to Explorer 8 Beta.

KG

RE: Update KB954430 - keeps wanting me to install
I followed the instructions from "Serge" and it worked. Thanks Serge.

I removed the update using the Add Remove program in control panel and then
installed update by clicking on it. It has not asked to install since.

And yes I do know what "Beta" stands for in software. I have already
reinstalled Explorer 7.
--
KG

"KG" wrote:

> Why does this update keep wanting to be installed. I have installed it 7
> times, it shows it was successful. I ran the malicious software tool and
> everything came out clean. How do I stop this update from installing over and
> over again? I have Windows XP. It is doing it on both my computers. I am
> ready to turn off automatic updates.
>
> I seem to be having more problems since I updated to Explorer 8 Beta.
> --
> KG

Re: Update KB954430 - keeps wanting me to install
And you're replying to...?

KG wrote:
> I followed the instructions from "Serge" and it worked. Thanks Serge.
>
> I removed the update using the Add Remove program in control panel and
> then
> installed update by clicking on it. It has not asked to install since.
>
> And yes I do know what "Beta" stands for in software. I have already
> reinstalled Explorer 7.
>
>> Why does this update keep wanting to be installed. I have installed it 7
>> times, it shows it was successful. I ran the malicious software tool and
>> everything came out clean. How do I stop this update from installing over
>> and over again? I have Windows XP. It is doing it on both my computers. I
>> am ready to turn off automatic updates.
>>
>> I seem to be having more problems since I updated to Explorer 8 Beta.
>> --
>> KG

KG

Re: Update KB954430 - keeps wanting me to install
I am the original author of this question. I am just letting everyone know
that I fixed the problem by reading other solutions for my problem.

I am not replying to anyone.

Subject closed. Thank you.
--
KG

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> And you're replying to...?
>
> KG wrote:
> > I followed the instructions from "Serge" and it worked. Thanks Serge.
> >
> > I removed the update using the Add Remove program in control panel and
> > then
> > installed update by clicking on it. It has not asked to install since.
> >
> > And yes I do know what "Beta" stands for in software. I have already
> > reinstalled Explorer 7.
> >
> >> Why does this update keep wanting to be installed. I have installed it 7
> >> times, it shows it was successful. I ran the malicious software tool and
> >> everything came out clean. How do I stop this update from installing over
> >> and over again? I have Windows XP. It is doing it on both my computers. I
> >> am ready to turn off automatic updates.
> >>
> >> I seem to be having more problems since I updated to Explorer 8 Beta.
> >> --
> >> KG

Re: Update KB954430 - keeps wanting me to install
cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...a300ace3c353d1
&ff

Seeing as "Serge" didn't post a reply to this thread, no wonder we're
confused. I assume you were referring to this post by Serge:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...82ed6f32ae6c0d

KG wrote:
> I am the original author of this question. I am just letting everyone know
> that I fixed the problem by reading other solutions for my problem.
>
> I am not replying to anyone.
>
> Subject closed. Thank you.
>
>> And you're replying to...?
>>
>> KG wrote:
>>> I followed the instructions from "Serge" and it worked. Thanks Serge.
>>>
>>> I removed the update using the Add Remove program in control panel and
>>> then
>>> installed update by clicking on it. It has not asked to install since.
>>>
>>> And yes I do know what "Beta" stands for in software. I have already
>>> reinstalled Explorer 7.

troppmann

Re: Update KB954430 - keeps wanting me to install

wow, you are a freaking jerk....why didnt you just answer the question
instead of getting on some nerdy power trip you f***ing *******...

you know thats what forums are for you f***ing pr*ck...i hope that is
you company down there because on the forums i work that link is going
on a black list....

just answer the question or stfu....

troppmann's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/troppmann.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1080894.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

troppmann wrote:
> wow, you are a freaking jerk....why didnt you just answer the
> question instead of getting on some nerdy power trip you f***ing
> *******...
>
> you know thats what forums are for you f***ing pr*ck...i hope that
> is you company down there because on the forums i work that link is
> going on a black list....
>
> just answer the question or stfu....

- I pointed out something that someone might not be aware of and answered
the question.
- You attacked someone and answered no ones question.

If you are going to give advice - perhaps you should follow it yourself
before giving it out to others?

Almost 2 months later now...
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...a300ace3c353d1

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

CorkyK

Re: Update KB954430 - keeps wanting me to install

I won't use the terminology that troppmann wrote, but I did find your
opening statement a bit condescending.

EVERYONE knows what beta means and if you don't want us to test the
software, don't release it. We are just everyday Microsoft users trying
to get assistance. For example, when we take the time to download beta
software and test it for developers. When you talk down to people it is
just frustrating. It was as if you were trying to blame the user for
downloading beta software, even when the threads indicate that this is
probably not the problem.

In fact, I followed the same instructions from Serge and the issue has
been solved. Ironically, when I went to the link you provided, it did
not help and Microsoft has yet to respond to my email.

--
CorkyK
CorkyK's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/86786.htm