Code 800705B4 WindowsUpdate_dt000

tsturdivant

Code 800705B4 WindowsUpdate_dt000
FAILED UPDATE:
Code 800705B4 WindowsUpdate_dt000

I tried to update Conexant High Definition Audio and I keep receiving the
above error! Are there any suggestions?

Thanks
Shenan Stanley

Re: Code 800705B4 WindowsUpdate_dt000
tsturdivant wrote:
> FAILED UPDATE:
> Code 800705B4 WindowsUpdate_dt000
>
> I tried to update Conexant High Definition Audio and I keep
> receiving the above error! Are there any suggestions?

Don't get hardware driver updates from microsoft for products they did not
make and do not support. Get your hardware driver updates straight from the
manufacturer of the product in question whenever possible - if an OEM
computer, usually from the OEM themselves.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

tsturdivant

Re: Code 800705B4 WindowsUpdate_dt000
How do I find out the manufacturer of the product? This is an OEM computer
(Microsoft) therefore the hardware driver was pre-installed.

Thanks

tsturdivant wrote:
> How do I find out the manufacturer of the product? This is an OEM
> computer (Microsoft) therefore the hardware driver was
> pre-installed.

Two points:
1) You purchased it. You should know who built it. Microsoft did not build
it (at least very doubtful.) If you are like most people, it is a Dell, HP,
IBM, Packard Bell, Gateway, etc... One of the big computer manufacturers
(Original Equipment Manufacturer) and not a self-assembled or custom
computer made up of parts. What is the name brand? That is your OEM.
2) If it happens to be a custom computer - you likely have a receipt that
list out the parts *or* you can run something like Belarc Advisor on the
computer. This will give you the hardware manufacturer for each relevantr
component. In your case - you should download and install the latest
dial-up modem (communications device) driver and the latest sound card
(audio device) driver.

I cannot say for certain - but it looks like you have a Conexant modem.

http://www.belarc.com/

(Download the Free advisor and let it run.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

tsturdivant

Re: Code 800705B4 WindowsUpdate_dt000
It's a HP laptop computer and I do have a Conexant modem. I will download and
install the Belarc Advisor to see if this will solve the problem!

Thanks Shenan

tsturdivant wrote:
> It's a HP laptop computer and I do have a Conexant modem. I will download
> and
> install the Belarc Advisor to see if this will solve the problem!
>
> Thanks Shenan

HP Laptop?

Visit the HP support web page and specify the model you have. They should
have drivers available for you to download straight from there. That is the
best option, safest option, fastest option.

Start here:
http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h...&lang=en&cc=us

--
Shenan Stanley