Uninstalling Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB936929)?

hariseldon

Uninstalling Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB936929)?

After Windows Update automatically installed
Windows XP Service Pack 3 KB936929 on
Saturday, November 22nd, Outlook Express
repeatedly times-out when trying to connect to
my ISP's email server.

I would like to uninstall KB936929 to hopefully
correct the problem but despite the Windows
Update site claiming it can be done via Add or
Remove Programs, it is not shown.

How do I uninstall Windows XP Service Pack 3
KB936929?

--
hariseldon
hariseldon's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/hariseldon.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

JS

Re: Uninstalling Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB936929)?
How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 3 from your computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950249/en-us

Free unlimited installation and compatibility support
(Via Email, Chat or Phone support)

How to prevent SP3 from being installed on your PC
(Windows Service Pack Blocker Tool Kit)
(Works for 1 year from date SP3 was released)

JS
http://www.pagestart.com

"hariseldon" <hariseldon.3jp7vb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> After Windows Update automatically installed
> Windows XP Service Pack 3 KB936929 on
> Saturday, November 22nd, Outlook Express
> repeatedly times-out when trying to connect to
> my ISP's email server.
>
> I would like to uninstall KB936929 to hopefully
> correct the problem but despite the Windows
> Update site claiming it can be done via Add or
> Remove Programs, it is not shown.
>
> How do I uninstall Windows XP Service Pack 3
> KB936929?
>

> --
> hariseldon
> hariseldon's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/hariseldon.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1080017.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Shenan Stanley

hariseldon wrote:
> After Windows Update automatically installed
> Windows XP Service Pack 3 KB936929 on
> Saturday, November 22nd, Outlook Express
> repeatedly times-out when trying to connect to
> my ISP's email server.
>
> I would like to uninstall KB936929 to hopefully
> correct the problem but despite the Windows
> Update site claiming it can be done via Add or
> Remove Programs, it is not shown.
>
> How do I uninstall Windows XP Service Pack 3
> KB936929?

How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 3 from your computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950249

*Closely follow the directions...
1.. Click Start, and then click Run.
2.. Copy and then paste the following command in the Open box, and then
press ENTER:
appwiz.cpl
3.. Click to select the Show Updates check box.
4.. Click Windows XP Service Pack 3, and then click Remove.
5.. Click Finish to restart the computer after the removal process is
complete.
** Pay attention to step 3 - very important.

If that - for some reason - fails... I suggest verifying you have Service
Pack 3...

Start button --> RUN --> type in:
winver
--> Click OK.

What version does it tell you that you have (post here.)

If that fails - you can attempt method 2, method 3 or method 4 from the
above Microsoft knowledgebase article found by doing this Google search:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...SP3+Windows+XP

Good luck!

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Re: Uninstalling Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB936929)?
How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 3 from your computer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950249

Possibly related:

Device Manager and Network Connections may be blank after you install
Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953791

....Network Connections may not show any network connections after you
install Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953979

A Windows XP SP3-based computer loses wireless connectivity when it resumes
from standby or from hibernation...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951447

Windows XP SP3-based client computers cannot access the network when some
DHCP information is unavailable
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953761

An ADSL router may restart occasionally after you install Windows XP SP3 or
Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955084
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

hariseldon wrote:
> After Windows Update automatically installed
> Windows XP Service Pack 3 KB936929 on
> Saturday, November 22nd, Outlook Express
> repeatedly times-out when trying to connect to
> my ISP's email server.
>
> I would like to uninstall KB936929 to hopefully
> correct the problem but despite the Windows
> Update site claiming it can be done via Add or
> Remove Programs, it is not shown.
>
> How do I uninstall Windows XP Service Pack 3
> KB936929?

Ryan Paul

SP3 problem, pls help....
i was downloading windows SP3 on my pc and it was interrupted/ canceled. since then, whenever i shut down my pc, (before it goes off) it always goes to "installing updates (1 of 1), please do not turn off computer, it will turn off automatically..." and my pc stays/ hangs on that status. i always need to remove the power supply/ charger and physically remove the battery to turn-off my pc. i tried downloading it (SP3) again but, it only shows "downloading updates", and nothing happens. what should i do? please help me with this problem... my pc battery (do not know if it is really the battery or the pc system itself) is now defective because of this problem, i keep on removing my battery just to turn off my pc. please help...

Re: SP3 problem, pls help....
Always begin a new thread about /your/ problem, please. [NNTP-Posting-Host:
72.29.94.49.static.dimenoc.com strikes again]

WinXP SP3 will not install if the battery's not inserted, whether it's
working or not.

How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of WinXP SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718