Hotmail Lockout

jrhengine@live.com

Hotmail Lockout
On Wednesday during the mid day I was locked out of my Hotmail email account
of six years. I had automatic log on and as a result I no longer can recall
my password (I apparently never wrote it down) and when I try to reset it I
can't get it to happen. Other people have reported problems with Hotmail but
have finally been able to reopen theri accounts. I have many eamil files and
two drafts that I no longer have access to. There is no customer service
phone number to call and I just don't know what to do. It has been suggested
that this type of lockout is due to Microsoft's upgrade to Windows Live. I
wish there were some answers. I have estblished anouther email account but
have lost so many contacts.
TaurArian

Re: Hotmail Lockout
Sorry to hear of your problems and stressing this must be, but unfortunately
this Newsgroup will not be able to assist.

Suggest the following:-

You can navigate to this location to see the contact options available for
Hotmail
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/d...nfo.asp?pg=faq

or
You may find this a useful place to post HotMail questions
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"jrhengine@live.com" <jrhengine@live.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F578E700-1A9A-47F6-A146-9EC891DA7CE5@microsoft.com...
> On Wednesday during the mid day I was locked out of my Hotmail email
> account
> of six years. I had automatic log on and as a result I no longer can
> recall
> my password (I apparently never wrote it down) and when I try to reset it
> can't get it to happen. Other people have reported problems with Hotmail
> but
> have finally been able to reopen theri accounts. I have many eamil files
> and
> two drafts that I no longer have access to. There is no customer service
> phone number to call and I just don't know what to do. It has been
> suggested
> that this type of lockout is due to Microsoft's upgrade to Windows Live.
> wish there were some answers. I have estblished anouther email account
> but
> have lost so many contacts.

amanda

RE: Hotmail Lockout
I am having exactly the same problem and have no way of getting back into my
account. I think it is so bad how for no reason you can just be locked out of
your hotmail account. Have you managed to log back in to yours? I had photos
on their of my family some family members i have now lost i have now lost all
of the photos aswel

"jrhengine@live.com" wrote:

> On Wednesday during the mid day I was locked out of my Hotmail email account
> of six years. I had automatic log on and as a result I no longer can recall
> my password (I apparently never wrote it down) and when I try to reset it I
> can't get it to happen. Other people have reported problems with Hotmail but
> have finally been able to reopen theri accounts. I have many eamil files and
> two drafts that I no longer have access to. There is no customer service
> phone number to call and I just don't know what to do. It has been suggested
> that this type of lockout is due to Microsoft's upgrade to Windows Live. I
> wish there were some answers. I have estblished anouther email account but
> have lost so many contacts.

TaurArian

Re: Hotmail Lockout
amanda wrote:
|| I am having exactly the same problem and have no way of getting back
|| into my account. I think it is so bad how for no reason you can just
|| be locked out of your hotmail account. Have you managed to log back
|| in to yours? I had photos on their of my family some family members
|| i have now lost i have now lost all of the photos aswel
|| "jrhengine@live.com" wrote:
||| On Wednesday during the mid day I was locked out of my Hotmail
||| email account of six years. I had automatic log on and as a result
||| I no longer can recall my password (I apparently never wrote it
||| down) and when I try to reset it I can't get it to happen. Other
||| people have reported problems with Hotmail but have finally been
||| able to reopen theri accounts. I have many eamil files and two
||| drafts that I no longer have access to. There is no customer
||| service phone number to call and I just don't know what to do. It
||| has been suggested that this type of lockout is due to Microsoft's
||| upgrade to Windows Live. I wish there were some answers. I have
||| estblished anouther email account but have lost so many contacts.

You can navigate to this location to see the contact options available for
Hotmail
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/d...nfo.asp?pg=faq

or
You may find this a useful place to post HotMail questions
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco

Re: Hotmail Lockout
This has nothing to do with Windows Update.

Hotmail Online Solutions Center (new, 11 Oct-08)
http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx

Solutions for Common Problems
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/

Hotmail Community Forums
http://windowslivehelp.com/community/Default.aspx
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

amanda wrote:
> I am having exactly the same problem and have no way of getting back into
> my
> account. I think it is so bad how for no reason you can just be locked out
> of your hotmail account. Have you managed to log back in to yours? I had
> photos on their of my family some family members i have now lost i have
> now
> lost all of the photos aswel
>
> "jrhengine@live.com" wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday during the mid day I was locked out of my Hotmail email
>> account of six years. I had automatic log on and as a result I no longer
>> can recall my password (I apparently never wrote it down) and when I try
>> to reset it I can't get it to happen. Other people have reported
>> problems
>> with Hotmail but have finally been able to reopen theri accounts. I have
>> many eamil files and two drafts that I no longer have access to. There
>> is
>> no customer service phone number to call and I just don't know what to
>> do.
>> It has been suggested that this type of lockout is due to Microsoft's
>> upgrade to Windows Live. I wish there were some answers. I have
>> estblished anouther email account but have lost so many contacts.

Re: Hotmail Lockout
TaurArian wrote:
<snip>
> or
> You may find this a useful place to post HotMail questions
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities....internet.mail

FYI, WLHotmail support is no longer monitoring any newsgroups. Everything's
being handled here now:

Hotmail Online Solutions Center (new, 11 Oct-08)
http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx

Solutions for Common Problems
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/

Hotmail Community Forums
http://windowslivehelp.com/community/Default.aspx

Yeah, it was news to me, too!

TaurArian

Re: Hotmail Lockout

> TaurArian wrote:
> <snip>
>> or
>> You may find this a useful place to post HotMail questions
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities....internet.mail

> FYI, WLHotmail support is no longer monitoring any newsgroups.
> Everything's being handled here now:
>
> Hotmail Online Solutions Center (new, 11 Oct-08)
> http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx
>
> Solutions for Common Problems
> http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/
>
> Hotmail Community Forums
> http://windowslivehelp.com/community/Default.aspx
>
> Yeah, it was news to me, too!

Thanks Robear.

Re: Hotmail Lockout
TaurArian wrote:
>> TaurArian wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> or
>>> You may find this a useful place to post HotMail questions
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities....internet.mail

>> FYI, WLHotmail support is no longer monitoring any newsgroups.
>> Everything's being handled here now:
>>
>> Hotmail Online Solutions Center (new, 11 Oct-08)
>> http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx
>>
>> Solutions for Common Problems
>> http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/
>>
>> Hotmail Community Forums