Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Error Codes 6A8, 641, 80070641 and 80070643

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2008
David Weitz
 

Posts: n/a
Error Codes 6A8, 641, 80070641 and 80070643
I have been receiving the error codes every time I run the following Windows
updates:-
KB921896 - MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 2
KB946140 - Update for Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007
KB948109 - Security Update for MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service
Pack 2
KB951944 - MS Office 2007 Security Update
KB957829 - Outlook 2007 Junk Email filter

I am running Vista Home Premium and Office Professional 2007. In addition, I
installed MS SQL Server 2008 Express Edition. I uninstalled it on discovering
that it was incompatible with Outlook 2007's Business Contact Manager (isn't
this ridiculous?) and reinstalled MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition.

Please advise what I need to do as some operations in Outlook 2007 generate
Business Contact Manager error messages about being unable to connect to the
database - I assume that all these update error messages are connected.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error Codes 6A8, 641, 80070641 and 80070643
Which error codes for which updates?

How to troubleshoot failures updating your Office installation...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304498


David Weitz wrote:
> I have been receiving the error codes every time I run the following
> Windows
> updates:-
> KB921896 - MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 2
> KB946140 - Update for Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007
> KB948109 - Security Update for MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service
> Pack 2
> KB951944 - MS Office 2007 Security Update
> KB957829 - Outlook 2007 Junk Email filter
>
> I am running Vista Home Premium and Office Professional 2007. In addition,
> I
> installed MS SQL Server 2008 Express Edition. I uninstalled it on
> discovering that it was incompatible with Outlook 2007's Business Contact
> Manager (isn't this ridiculous?) and reinstalled MS SQL Server 2005
> Express
> Edition.
>
> Please advise what I need to do as some operations in Outlook 2007
> generate
> Business Contact Manager error messages about being unable to connect to
> the
> database - I assume that all these update error messages are connected.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2009
Don
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error Codes 6A8, 641, 80070641 and 80070643
Hello, I have received the same errors 0x80070643 on the same type of system
windows. Now I am only beginner with this stuff but have the following info.
updates that won't install are 2007 microsoft office suite service pack 1
(SP1), security microsoft office 2007 (KB951550), security microsoft office
system (KB951944). As far as I can tell the 0x80070643 error goes with the
SP1 and the KB951550 and the error 1603 goes with KB951944. Please help as
these have been trying to auto update for a while and I have even tried to
download from MS site with no success. Thank you Don

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Which error codes for which updates?
>
> How to troubleshoot failures updating your Office installation...
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304498
>
>
> David Weitz wrote:
> > I have been receiving the error codes every time I run the following
> > Windows
> > updates:-
> > KB921896 - MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 2
> > KB946140 - Update for Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007
> > KB948109 - Security Update for MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service
> > Pack 2
> > KB951944 - MS Office 2007 Security Update
> > KB957829 - Outlook 2007 Junk Email filter
> >
> > I am running Vista Home Premium and Office Professional 2007. In addition,
> > I
> > installed MS SQL Server 2008 Express Edition. I uninstalled it on
> > discovering that it was incompatible with Outlook 2007's Business Contact
> > Manager (isn't this ridiculous?) and reinstalled MS SQL Server 2005
> > Express
> > Edition.
> >
> > Please advise what I need to do as some operations in Outlook 2007
> > generate
> > Business Contact Manager error messages about being unable to connect to
> > the
> > database - I assume that all these update error messages are connected.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error Codes 6A8, 641, 80070641 and 80070643
To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread about your specific problems.
State your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1;
Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) in your first post. Thank you.

Don wrote:
> Hello, I have received the same errors 0x80070643 on the same type of
> system
> windows. Now I am only beginner with this stuff but have the following
> info.
> updates that won't install are 2007 microsoft office suite service pack 1
> (SP1), security microsoft office 2007 (KB951550), security microsoft
> office
> system (KB951944). As far as I can tell the 0x80070643 error goes with the
> SP1 and the KB951550 and the error 1603 goes with KB951944. Please help as
> these have been trying to auto update for a while and I have even tried to
> download from MS site with no success. Thank you Don

<snip hijacked thread>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2010
dickvo
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Error Codes 6A8, 641, 80070641 and 80070643


"David Weitz" wrote:

> I have been receiving the error codes every time I run the following Windows
> updates:-
> KB921896 - MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 2
> KB946140 - Update for Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007
> KB948109 - Security Update for MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service
> Pack 2
> KB951944 - MS Office 2007 Security Update
> KB957829 - Outlook 2007 Junk Email filter
>
> I am running Vista Home Premium and Office Professional 2007. In addition, I
> installed MS SQL Server 2008 Express Edition. I uninstalled it on discovering
> that it was incompatible with Outlook 2007's Business Contact Manager (isn't
> this ridiculous?) and reinstalled MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition.
>
> Please advise what I need to do as some operations in Outlook 2007 generate
> Business Contact Manager error messages about being unable to connect to the
> database - I assume that all these update error messages are connected.
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RE: Windows Update Error 80070641 John Tango microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 01-22-2009 11:43
Error codes 8E5E03FA & 80070643 kevinp microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 02-29-2008 19:58
Error codes vista 32 Windows update 8E5E03FA &80070643 kevinp microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 02-29-2008 19:57
Re: Windows Update Error 80070641 tfelipelli microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 01-17-2008 05:26
RE: Windows Update Error 80070641 Helen microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 11-25-2007 02:32




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:00.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120