internet explorer

kirsten nixon

internet explorer
Please help - I am having problems with my internet explorer in that when I
click on a link following a search say in Google, the page being displayed is
not the correct web site. On a regular basis when moving through website I
get "page cannot be displayed". I am no longer able to connect to the
Windows update website via the "start menu" short cut as this now just takes
me straight to the MSN home page. Please help - this is driving me crazy.

Thanks

Re: internet explorer
Do you think this might be related to your other 2 posts in this newsgroup
["Installation failure - error code 0x80070003 on KB89083" & "Microsoft .NET
Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806) (x86)], both of which have had
replies which you've not acknowledged?
--
IE-specific newsgroup:

kirsten nixon wrote:
> Please help - I am having problems with my internet explorer in that when
> click on a link following a search say in Google, the page being displayed
> is not the correct web site. On a regular basis when moving through
> website I get "page cannot be displayed". I am no longer able to connect
> to the Windows update website via the "start menu" short cut as this now
> just takes me straight to the MSN home page. Please help - this is
> driving
> me crazy.
>
> Thanks

kirsten nixon

Re: internet explorer
My first problem has been solved - thanks by downloading manually the update.
have been unable to solve my second issue as my IE won't let me follow the
links through as it just keeps saying IE cannot display the webpage. Would
be grateful for any help you can offer. Thanks.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Do you think this might be related to your other 2 posts in this newsgroup
> ["Installation failure - error code 0x80070003 on KB89083" & "Microsoft .NET
> Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806) (x86)], both of which have had
> replies which you've not acknowledged?
> --
> IE-specific newsgroup:
>
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> kirsten nixon wrote:
> > Please help - I am having problems with my internet explorer in that when
> > click on a link following a search say in Google, the page being displayed
> > is not the correct web site. On a regular basis when moving through
> > website I get "page cannot be displayed". I am no longer able to connect
> > to the Windows update website via the "start menu" short cut as this now
> > just takes me straight to the MSN home page. Please help - this is
> > driving
> > me crazy.
> >
> > Thanks

Re: internet explorer
Kirsten, please begin a new thread in IE General newsgroup about your
browsing problems.

You're not going to be able to resolve the .NET Framework (update)
installation problem until you get the IE problems resolved.

[How you managed to download/run the MSRT if you're still keep getting "Page
cannot be displayed" errors in IE is beyond me.]
--
~PA Bear