(Win vista Hm Prem) KB954430 keep reappearing in windows updt

isaac_white18

(Win vista Hm Prem) KB954430 keep reappearing in windows updt
hi
i have a problem
the security update for microsoft XML Core services 4.0 service pack 2
(KB954430)
keep appearing on my windows update even i already installed it many times.
it doesnt give any error code.

i've tried the solution from microsoft support:

1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
2. At the command prompt, type ren %windir%\System32\msxml4.dll msxml4.old,
and then press ENTER.
Note After you press ENTER, you may receive the following error message.
Cannot find the file specified.
Ignore this message, and go to step 3.
3. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER.
4. Visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://www.update.microsoft.com (http://www.update.microsoft.com)
5. Download and then install the latest MSXML security update.

since its only for win xp and i cant find the one for vista

so when i try it in win vista (im using vista) it gives "access denied"
error in step 2 and doesnt solve the problem

anyone knows how to solve this problem?

thanks
Steven Yang

Re: (Win vista Hm Prem) KB954430 keep reappearing in windows updt
me too. my OS is windows XP.
TaurArian

Re: (Win vista Hm Prem) KB954430 keep reappearing in windows updt
If you're tried everything - then

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954430
See: How to obtain help and support for this security update
the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft
subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft
International Support Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/....aspx?rdpath=4
(http://support.microsoft.com/common/....aspx?rdpath=4)
North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by visiting
the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?&prid=7552
(http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?&prid=7552)
your usual support contacts.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"isaac_white18" <isaac_white18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi
> i have a problem
> the security update for microsoft XML Core services 4.0 service pack 2
> (KB954430)
> keep appearing on my windows update even i already installed it many
> times.
> it doesnt give any error code.
>
> i've tried the solution from microsoft support:
>
> 1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
> 2. At the command prompt, type ren %windir%\System32\msxml4.dll
> msxml4.old,
> and then press ENTER.
> Note After you press ENTER, you may receive the following error message.
> Cannot find the file specified.
> Ignore this message, and go to step 3.
> 3. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER.
> 4. Visit the following Microsoft Web site:
> http://www.update.microsoft.com (http://www.update.microsoft.com)
> 5. Download and then install the latest MSXML security update.
>
> since its only for win xp and i cant find the one for vista
>
> so when i try it in win vista (im using vista) it gives "access denied"
> error in step 2 and doesnt solve the problem
>
> anyone knows how to solve this problem?
>
> thanks

TaurArian

Re: (Win vista Hm Prem) KB954430 keep reappearing in windows updt
Same answer -

"Steven Yang" <Steven.N.Yang@gmail.com> wrote in message
> me too. my OS is windows XP.

isaac_white18

RE: (Win vista Hm Prem) KB954430 keep reappearing in windows updt
i've finally found the solution (for win vista)
that thing dont appear again in windows update
you just need to use "Run as administrator" before clicking the command prompt
and after that just follow the instructions

so far there's no problem with my system
Don McGregor

kb954430
Found your solution, but how do I use "runs as administrator" before clicking the command prompt??
I don't see such and option in the download section.
TaurArian

Re: kb954430
How to use User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista

Don McGregor wrote:
> Found your solution, but how do I use "runs as administrator" before
> clicking the command prompt?? I don't see such and option in the download
> section.

sqoosh

Re: (Win vista Hm Prem) KB954430 keep reappearing in windows updt

Try this buddy.

If you have any 3rd party firewall, try to disable it first

Click on the pearl button, type services.msc, then press enter.

On the Windows Services list, Stop BITS (background intelligent
transfer svc), cryptographic, and Windows update. (also check those 3
should be set to automatic).

Go to c:\windows, look for the software distribution folder and rename
it to SDold or software distribution.old.

Go to C:\windows\system32, look for the catroot2 folder, then rename it
to Catroot2.old

cryptographic and Windows Update

Manually download and save the KB954430 on your desktop
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...0-932c430abd14
( this is applicable for xp and vista users)

* Once saved, right click, then choose run as admin, then if you have 3
choices
Install, repair, and remove, try to repair it first, after repair,
uninstall it. Once removed, try to reinstall it.

Perform windows update next, then restart.

* if you only have a welcome agreement for the installation, check your
add remove programs and look for the XML main applicaton if it's
installed, if none, rename the msxml4.dll using the command prompt

click on the pearl button, type CMD, then you will see a CMD icon on
top, then right click and choose run as administrator.

At the command prompt, type ren %windir%\System32\msxml4.dll
msxml4.old,
and then press ENTER.
Note After you press ENTER, you may receive the following error
message.
Cannot find the file specified.
Ignore this message, and go to step 3.
3. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER.

Perform windows update, restart.

Hope this works for you ^^

--
sqoosh
sqoosh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/sqoosh.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

MC

RE: kb954430
jesus,

why so coplicated?

download the standalone updater and run. u will be ask if u want to modify,
remove or repair. remove it. will remove the 100 times installed update.
then run
once again. u will be ask if u want to install it. install it if neccessary.
then
hide the update in the update center. (tested on x64 Vista Ultimate).

i think the solving way for xp for dummys would be the same way above but
before start, deactivate the win update temporaly.