Uninstall MSWorks - Manufacture Installed

bdiaz is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Uninstall MSWorks - Manufacture Installed
Help....I am trying to uninstall MSWork from my HP/Vista Computer. The software came with the computer and it seems like am missing the unistall portion of the program.

From controlpanel>programs&features I click on the uninstall that comes up when I hit the MSworks icon. I get a segurity screeen that request "allow" to proceed on to the program. After a little while I get a MSWorks screen that says the following:

The featrue you are tryign to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "WORKS8.MSI' in the box below.

Well i looked and looked and could not find that stuff.

I suspect that I do not have the uninstall portion of MSWorks but I have no idea where to get it and then how to use it.

Thanks in advance for the help,

bdiaz
TaurArian {MVP}

Re: Uninstall MSWorks - Manufacture Installed
1. Welcome to Microsoft Windows Vista Newsgroups
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...s/default.mspx

2. Please visit the Works experts in the Works newsgroup:
OE/WM client

--

====================================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2009

"bdiaz" <bdiaz.3ixkgg@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Help....I am trying to uninstall MSWork from my HP/Vista Computer. The
> software came with the computer and it seems like am missing the
> unistall portion of the program.
>
> From controlpanel>programs&features I click on the uninstall that comes
> up when I hit the MSworks icon. I get a segurity screeen that request
> "allow" to proceed on to the program. After a little while I get a
> MSWorks screen that says the following:
>
> The featrue you are tryign to use is on a network resource that is
> unavailable.
>
> Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder
> containing the installation package "WORKS8.MSI' in the box below.
>
> Well i looked and looked and could not find that stuff.
>
> I suspect that I do not have the uninstall portion of MSWorks but I
> have no idea where to get it and then how to use it.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help,
>
> bdiaz
>

> --
> bdiaz

Harry Johnston [MVP]

bdiaz wrote:

> Help....I am trying to uninstall MSWork from my HP/Vista Computer. The
> software came with the computer and it seems like am missing the
> unistall portion of the program.

Unless you received the computer very recently, this probably won't be of any
help, but for what it's worth I recommend always scrapping the pre-installed OS
and installing a clean copy of Windows from the installation media which the
computer manufacturer *should* have provided you. (Some less reputable
manufacturers don't, or make you pay extra.)

Harry.

tyronet2000 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Uninstall MSWorks - Manufacture Installed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnston [MVP] View Post
bdiaz wrote:

> Help....I am trying to uninstall MSWork from my HP/Vista Computer. The
> software came with the computer and it seems like am missing the
> unistall portion of the program.

Unless you received the computer very recently, this probably won't be of any
help, but for what it's worth I recommend always scrapping the pre-installed OS
and installing a clean copy of Windows from the installation media which the
computer manufacturer *should* have provided you. (Some less reputable
manufacturers don't, or make you pay extra.)

Harry.
And SONY is definitely in that list. The first thing you must do is make "Recovery Discs" unless you have, or wish to purchase the software. Of course Microsoft have stopped XP being installed because there are no sata drivers in XP but LINUX can be installed and its FREE