Error number: 0x80248011

Michael Johnson

Error number: 0x80248011
I have winxp pro and I have tried the cache dump, I still get the error and
can not update windows or defender? Is there any one that has fixed this
porblem? It just started last night....

Re: Error number: 0x80248011
Thank you for beginning a new thread.

posting to this newsgroup.

You may receive an error message when you search for available updates on
the Windows Update Web site or on the Microsoft Update Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883821

[A "cache dump" is only a preliminary step here.]

CrystalBall© sez...

Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you perform a new Windows XP
installation or you repair a Windows XP installation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Michael Johnson wrote:
> I have winxp pro and I have tried the cache dump, I still get the error
> and
> can not update windows or defender? Is there any one that has fixed this
> porblem? It just started last night....

Michael Johnson

Re: Error number: 0x80248011
I have micrisift Windows XP Proffessional Version 2002 service pack 3

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Thank you for beginning a new thread.

> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> You may receive an error message when you search for available updates on
> the Windows Update Web site or on the Microsoft Update Web site:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883821
>
> [A "cache dump" is only a preliminary step here.]
>
> CrystalBall© sez...
>
> Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from Microsoft
> Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you perform a new Windows XP
> installation or you repair a Windows XP installation
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Michael Johnson wrote:
> > I have winxp pro and I have tried the cache dump, I still get the error
> > and
> > can not update windows or defender? Is there any one that has fixed this
> > porblem? It just started last night....

Michael Johnson

Re: Error number: 0x80248011
I have done the ceche dump, changed the sub folder to .old
SYMPTOMS
When you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web site, from the
Microsoft Update Web site, or by using the Automatic Updates feature, you
receive a message that states that the update or the updates were not
installed successfully. However, the updates are not displayed in the Update
History part of the Web site.

You experience this problem if the following conditions are true in the
following scenarios:

Scenario 1• You try to update a computer that is running Windows XP.
• You have repaired the Windows XP installation by using the Windows XP CD.
Scenario 2• You try to update a computer that is running Windows XP.
• You have performed a new installation of Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2).
• You have visited Windows Update site directly for updates and immediately
performed an update to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3).

and this so far nothing has fixed the problem any other ideas?

"Michael Johnson" wrote:

> I have micrisift Windows XP Proffessional Version 2002 service pack 3
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Thank you for beginning a new thread.
> >
> > Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> > posting to this newsgroup.
> >
> > You may receive an error message when you search for available updates on
> > the Windows Update Web site or on the Microsoft Update Web site:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883821
> >
> > [A "cache dump" is only a preliminary step here.]
> >
> > CrystalBall© sez...
> >
> > Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from Microsoft
> > Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you perform a new Windows XP
> > installation or you repair a Windows XP installation
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >
> > Michael Johnson wrote:
> > > I have winxp pro and I have tried the cache dump, I still get the error
> > > and
> > > can not update windows or defender? Is there any one that has fixed this
> > > porblem? It just started last night....

Re: Error number: 0x80248011
No need to quote the KB, Michael.

Have you tried Method 1 and Method 2 (if necessary) in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144 yet?
--
~PA Bear

Michael Johnson wrote:
> I have done the ceche dump, changed the sub folder to .old
> SYMPTOMS

<snip>
> and this so far nothing has fixed the problem any other ideas?
>
> "Michael Johnson" wrote:
>> I have micrisift Windows XP Proffessional Version 2002 service pack 3
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>> Thank you for beginning a new thread.
>>>
>>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>>
>>> You may receive an error message when you search for available updates
>>> on
>>> the Windows Update Web site or on the Microsoft Update Web site:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883821
>>>
>>> [A "cache dump" is only a preliminary step here.]
>>>
>>> CrystalBall© sez...
>>>
>>> Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from
>>> Microsoft
>>> Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you perform a new Windows XP
>>> installation or you repair a Windows XP installation
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Michael Johnson

Re: Error number: 0x80248011
Yes I just did them again and i still get the same error. I also have an
error when I reboot that says my paging file is to small but when I go into
settings advanced to change it it does not change it is stuck at 256mbs... I
also have tried to do a system restore and I also getr an error stating that
i need to restart for restore to work on this computer and I re-boot and the
same error pops up everytime...

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> No need to quote the KB, Michael.
>
> Have you tried Method 1 and Method 2 (if necessary) in
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144 yet?
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> Michael Johnson wrote:
> > I have done the ceche dump, changed the sub folder to .old
> > SYMPTOMS

> <snip>
> > and this so far nothing has fixed the problem any other ideas?
> >
> > "Michael Johnson" wrote:
> >> I have micrisift Windows XP Proffessional Version 2002 service pack 3

Re: Error number: 0x80248011
Time for Plan B:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.