Vista Update Error 800736B2

shur

Vista Update Error 800736B2
I have Windows Vista Home Premium. I stopped all programs , including
Kaspersky Internet Security.
I can’t install Security Update for Windows Vista (KB954459, KB955069,
KB957097). Error code: 800736B2

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Vista Update Error 800736B2
800736B2 ERROR_SXS_INVALID_ACTCTXDATA_FORMAT
The application binding data format is invalid.

Are you sure that you disabled all of KIS' services, processes, and
firewall ? Did you enable the native Vista firewall ?

You could try running the System Update Readiness Tool to see if that
resolves the error:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

If no joy, suggest running the System File Checker:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212

Other then that, MS offers no charge support for installation and
compatibility issues associated with Security updates:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954459

> How to obtain help and support for this security update
> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and
> Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. For more information about how to contact
> your local Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft
> International Support Web site:
> http://support.microsoft.com/common/....aspx?rdpath=4
> North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited no-charge e-mail support or to
> unlimited individual chat support by visiting the following Microsoft Web site:
> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?&prid=7552
> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through your usual support
> contacts.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

shur wrote:

> I have Windows Vista Home Premium. I stopped all programs , including
> Kaspersky Internet Security.
> I can’t install Security Update for Windows Vista (KB954459, KB955069,
> KB957097). Error code: 800736B2

Vistachallenged

Re: Vista Update Error 800736B2
I am having problems with KB957097, I keep getting error code 80070246 and
cannot figure out how to fix the problem. Thanks in advance

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> 800736B2 ERROR_SXS_INVALID_ACTCTXDATA_FORMAT
> The application binding data format is invalid.
>
> Are you sure that you disabled all of KIS' services, processes, and
> firewall ? Did you enable the native Vista firewall ?
>
> You could try running the System Update Readiness Tool to see if that
> resolves the error:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
>
> If no joy, suggest running the System File Checker:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212
>
> Other then that, MS offers no charge support for installation and
> compatibility issues associated with Security updates:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954459
>
> > How to obtain help and support for this security update
> > For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and
> > Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. For more information about how to contact
> > your local Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft
> > International Support Web site:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/common/....aspx?rdpath=4
> > North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited no-charge e-mail support or to
> > unlimited individual chat support by visiting the following Microsoft Web site:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?&prid=7552
> > For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through your usual support
> > contacts.

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> shur wrote:
>
> > I have Windows Vista Home Premium. I stopped all programs , including
> > Kaspersky Internet Security.
> > I can’t install Security Update for Windows Vista (KB954459, KB955069,
> > KB957097). Error code: 800736B2

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Vista Update Error 800736B2
See if this helps: Stop error when you try to download updates from
Windows Update on a computer that is running Windows Vista: "0x80070246"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942968

In fact, since the above is not very User 'friendly', try this first:
Some Windows Vista functions may not work, or Windows Vista may stop
responding
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Run sfc /scannow from an Elevated Command Prompt.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten