RE: Update error---------Error number: 0x80072EE2

Jaguar

RE: Update error---------Error number: 0x80072EE2
Ensure that your date and time are set correctly, this is usually windows
genuine failing to complete because it fails if the date and time aren't
correct.
Cheers!
-Jaguar

"bharat" wrote:

> hello everyone!!!!!!!!
>
> I have a fresh windows xp sp2 installation on dell dimension 2350 system.
> now i am getting this error while doing windows update.
>
> Error number: 0x80072EE2]
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
> For self-help options:
>
> What is the solution to avoid such error.
>
> Can any one please provide me a sloution for this.
>
> All your help is highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Bharat

Diana

Re: Update error---------Error number: 0x80072EE2
Hello,

0x80072EE2 translates to ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT

There are some good steps in tihs article and they should help you resolve
this issue:

836941 You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use
Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updates

Diana

Diana Smith [MSFT] <diasmith@hotmail.com>
CSS Security Team

"Jaguar" <Jaguar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ensure that your date and time are set correctly, this is usually windows
> genuine failing to complete because it fails if the date and time aren't
> correct.
> Cheers!
> -Jaguar
>
> "bharat" wrote:
>
>> hello everyone!!!!!!!!
>>
>> I have a fresh windows xp sp2 installation on dell dimension 2350 system.
>> now i am getting this error while doing windows update.
>>
>> Error number: 0x80072EE2]
>> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you
>> are
>> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
>> problem.
>> For self-help options:
>>
>> What is the solution to avoid such error.
>>
>> Can any one please provide me a sloution for this.
>>
>> All your help is highly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bharat

ElmasnoJ

Re: Update error---------Error number: 0x80072EE2
Hi - found the same error this morning (Dec 9 2008).
Messed with all the KB links provided above. Nada. Still error.

Turns out I had demoted BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service)
service to Manual, probably in a prior fit of "too dang many services
running...".
Started BITS (leaving it Manual).
Update went fine.
---
Now here is where it starts to get wierd. I did an update on this machine
about 1.5 weeks ago, it ran fine, and BITS WAS OFF!

Dear Microsofians - did something change in the recent past where BITS is
now required for manual IE-initiated updates????

EJ

OIE

"ElmasnoJ" wrote:

> Hi - found the same error this morning (Dec 9 2008).
> Messed with all the KB links provided above. Nada. Still error.
>
> Turns out I had demoted BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service)
> service to Manual, probably in a prior fit of "too dang many services
> running...".
> Started BITS (leaving it Manual).
> Update went fine.
> ---
> Now here is where it starts to get wierd. I did an update on this machine
> about 1.5 weeks ago, it ran fine, and BITS WAS OFF!
>
> Dear Microsofians - did something change in the recent past where BITS is
> now required for manual IE-initiated updates????
>
> EJ

Same here. Thanks.
I did exactly what you said in this post, and it worked just fine.
Very odd indeed.

Ptrk

Re: Update error---------Error number: 0x80072EE2
OK, same problem with a newly installed HP nx6325.
XPP+SP3+Office2k3...
After a few rounds of MS-Update; 0x80072EE2!

BITS was running but i did a restart of the service and suddenly MS_Update
is working again!
Seems as if the BITS-service needed a kick in the butt... ;-)

"OIE" wrote:

> "ElmasnoJ" wrote:
>
> > Hi - found the same error this morning (Dec 9 2008).
> > Messed with all the KB links provided above. Nada. Still error.
> >
> > Turns out I had demoted BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service)
> > service to Manual, probably in a prior fit of "too dang many services
> > running...".
> > Started BITS (leaving it Manual).
> > Update went fine.
> > ---
> > Now here is where it starts to get wierd. I did an update on this machine
> > about 1.5 weeks ago, it ran fine, and BITS WAS OFF!
> >
> > Dear Microsofians - did something change in the recent past where BITS is
> > now required for manual IE-initiated updates????
> >
> > EJ
> >

> Same here. Thanks.
> I did exactly what you said in this post, and it worked just fine.
> Very odd indeed.

likevista is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Update error---------Error number: 0x80072EE2
double post

likevista is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Update error---------Error number: 0x80072EE2
Hello: My problem wasn't BITS, but re-registering some dll files. The following site helped me out:
Windows Update error 0x80072ee2
I hope this helps future readers of this thread.