Error number: 0x800706D3

myst

Error number: 0x800706D3
Error shows up when trying to use windows update on friends comp.with win.2000

Re: Error number: 0x800706D3
See
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...537f6e96938da6
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

myst wrote:
> Error shows up when trying to use windows update on friends comp.with
> win.2000

Phil Diakun

Re: Error number: 0x800706D3
I have opened this case with Microsoft Support, this solution worked for me.

This computer was a relatives and was infected with the following virus, in
which I removed and scrubbed prior to reporting this issue. I also think the
virus removed the Microsoft Client as well,

File Name: __c003AE46.dat Virus Name: Trojan.Vundo
File Name: ddeml32.dll Virus Nameownloader
File Name: dbmsadsn32.dll Virus Nameownloader
Action Taken: Left alone (all 3)
Location: C:\WINNT\system32 (all 3)

Just to note the "TCP/IP protocol" and the "File and Printer Sharing for
Microsoft Networks were not affected and the computer was otherwise
functional after the scrub.

I think it might be a good idea to post this solution on the microsft site
associated with with the error code 0x800706D3. As there are hits for this on
the net with no solution.

Please close Case ID ----- with the highest customer satisfaction rating.

Best of luck with your carreer and thank you again for the excellent work,
Sincerely, Phil Diakun
================================================== ===========================
From the problem description, I understand that the computer failed to do
updates with the error code 0x800706D3. Please feel free to let me know if I
misunderstood.

I understand the inconvenience you have experienced. Please be assured that
I will do my best to resolve the issue.
This error may occur if Client for Microsoft Networks component has not been
installed or applied on the system. At this time, let's make sure Client for
Microsoft Networks component has been installed on the system. Here are the
detailed steps:

1. Click "Start"->"Settings"->Click "Network and Dial-up Connections". A new
window titled "Network and Dial-up Connections" opens. In this window, open
the "Local Area Connection" item.

2. Click the "Properties" button one more time to reach the full "General"
tab.

If Client for Microsoft Networks is unchecked, please put a check on it and
click OK. After that, restart the computer to check this issue.

If Client for Microsoft Networks is not installed (listed), please continue
with the following steps.

3. Click the "Install..." button to begin the process of installing this
component.

4. Select "Client" as the type of component from the list in the new window
that appears. Click the "Add..." button to continue.

5. Click "Have Disk".

6. Type "C:\WINNT\inf", and then click "OK".

7. Choose "Client for Microsoft Networks" from the list of "Network Clients"
on the right side of the window. Click the "OK" button to continue.

8. Complete the installation by clicking the "OK" button to close the
window, then proceed to reboot the computer. After the computer has
restarted, Client for Microsoft Networks will be installed.

NOTE: You will probably also need to install the "TCP/IP protocol" and the
"File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" service to fully network a
Windows computer on a typical LAN.

Thank You and Best Regards

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> See
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...537f6e96938da6
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> myst wrote:
> > Error shows up when trying to use windows update on friends comp.with
> > win.2000

diakun

Re: Error number: 0x800706D3
On Nov 13, 3:41*pm, myst <m...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Error shows up when trying to use windows update on friends comp.with win..2000

I have opened this case with Microsoft Support, this solution worked
for me.

This computer was a relatives and was infected with the following
virus, in which I removed and scrubbed prior to reporting this issue.
I also think the virus removed the Microsoft Client as well,

File Name: __c003AE46.dat Virus Name: Trojan.Vundo
File Name: ddeml32.dll Virus Nameownloader
File Name: dbmsadsn32.dll Virus Nameownloader
Action Taken: Left alone (all 3)
Location: C:\WINNT\system32 (all 3)

Just to note the "TCP/IP protocol" and the "File and Printer Sharing
for Microsoft Networks were not affected and the computer was
otherwise functional after the scrub.

I think it might be a good idea to post this solution on the microsft
site associated with with the error code 0x800706D3. As there are hits
for this on
the net with no solution.

Please close Case ID ----- with the highest customer satisfaction
rating.

Best of luck with your carreer and thank you again for the excellent
work, Sincerely, Phil Diakun
From the problem description, I understand that the computer failed to
do updates with the error code 0x800706D3. Please feel free to let me