Kodak EasyShare and KB954430...

Ron

Kodak EasyShare and KB954430...
Kodak's latest update for their EasyShare software, apparently breaks
the KB954430 update for XP SP3, again related to Microsoft XML Core
Services 4.0 Service Pack. Many of us went through the same thing with
EasyShare and KB936181. So if you are running XP and EasyShare, be aware
that you may experience similar problems with Kodak's software update.

Serge

RE: Kodak EasyShare and KB954430...

"Ron" wrote:

> Kodak's latest update for their EasyShare software, apparently breaks
> the KB954430 update for XP SP3, again related to Microsoft XML Core
> Services 4.0 Service Pack. Many of us went through the same thing with
> EasyShare and KB936181. So if you are running XP and EasyShare, be aware
> that you may experience similar problems with Kodak's software update.
>

> It looks as we are back to square one. Did you find a solution to the KB954430 problem caused by the EasyShare upgrade.

Serge

dp

RE: Kodak EasyShare and KB954430...
I have the same problem I cannot upgrade either one now been working on this
with since the notification to upgrade.

let me know if you find anything I also went to windows live one care no luck.

dp

"dp" wrote:

> I have the same problem I cannot upgrade either one now been working on this
> with since the notification to upgrade.
>
> let me know if you find anything I also went to windows live one care no luck.
>
> dp

Clarify "I can not upgrade.". Do you mean you can not download and install
the upgrade KB954430 or that the upgrade is being reoffered again and again
after being installed?

I have manage to find a solution for KB954430 in the case of when it is
reoffered.

Let me know which is which.

Serge

djowdji

RE: Kodak EasyShare and KB954430...
this is the same problem that i have experienced, the down load is prompted,
& after download is complete it is labeled successfully installed, however,
within a short period of time, usually 2 minutes, you are that important
downloads are available, if you look it up, it is the same download,
kb954430, i have kodak easy share software installed, in fact the latest &
greatest as we had a printer issue last week, if you could tell me how to
stop this, it would be greatly appreciated, thanx! djowdji
--
djowdji

"djowdji" wrote:

> this is the same problem that i have experienced, the down load is prompted,
> & after download is complete it is labeled successfully installed, however,
> within a short period of time, usually 2 minutes, you are that important
> downloads are available, if you look it up, it is the same download,
> kb954430, i have kodak easy share software installed, in fact the latest &
> greatest as we had a printer issue last week, if you could tell me how to
> stop this, it would be greatly appreciated, thanx! djowdji
> --
> djowdji

1. Using Microsoft update I hid KB 954430 so that it was not reoffered
while I found a solution. I hid it because I do not like turning off
automatic update. Turning off the Automatic update would give the same
result. Make sure you remember to turn it back on. :-)

2. Downloaded MSXML4-KB954430-enu.exe from:

3. Deleted MSXML4-KB954430 using Add Remove program in control panel.

4. Installed MSXML4-KB954430-enu.exe by clicking on it.

KB954430 has not been reoffered ever since.

A word to the wise, the same problem might arise every time you repair or
upgrade Kodak Easyshare software. Keep the solution handy. It did happen to
me with KB936181.

It worked for me I hope it works for you. Let me know how it turns out.

"Serge" wrote:

> "djowdji" wrote:
>
> > this is the same problem that i have experienced, the down load is prompted,
> > & after download is complete it is labeled successfully installed, however,
> > within a short period of time, usually 2 minutes, you are that important
> > downloads are available, if you look it up, it is the same download,
> > kb954430, i have kodak easy share software installed, in fact the latest &
> > greatest as we had a printer issue last week, if you could tell me how to
> > stop this, it would be greatly appreciated, thanx! djowdji
> > --
> > djowdji
> >

> 1. Using Microsoft update I hid KB 954430 so that it was not reoffered
> while I found a solution. I hid it because I do not like turning off
> automatic update. Turning off the Automatic update would give the same
> result. Make sure you remember to turn it back on. :-)
>
> 2. Downloaded MSXML4-KB954430-enu.exe from:

> 3. Deleted MSXML4-KB954430 using Add Remove program in control panel.
>
> 4. Installed MSXML4-KB954430-enu.exe by clicking on it.
>
> KB954430 has not been reoffered ever since.
>
> A word to the wise, the same problem might arise every time you repair or
> upgrade Kodak Easyshare software. Keep the solution handy. It did happen to
> me with KB936181.
>
> It worked for me I hope it works for you. Let me know how it turns out.
>
> Serge

I just had to repair Kodak Easyshare software and KB936181 showed up its
ugly head again. I had to fix both KB936181 and KB954430.

If you ever have a problem with KB936181, apply the same solution. You will
find MSXML4-KB936181-enu.exe at:

Serge

djowdji,

I just had to repair Kodak Easyshare software and KB936181 showed up its
ugly head again. I had to fix both KB936181 and KB954430.

If you ever have a problem with KB936181, apply the same solution. You will
find MSXML4-KB936181-enu.exe at:

Serge

Striper6250

RE: Kodak EasyShare and KB954430...
After reading what Serge wrote, I removed KB954430 and then all I did was
close the AIO status monitor in the tray and then downloaded KB954430.
Rebooted and the problem was solved.

"Serge" wrote:

> "djowdji" wrote:
>
> > this is the same problem that i have experienced, the down load is prompted,
> > & after download is complete it is labeled successfully installed, however,
> > within a short period of time, usually 2 minutes, you are that important
> > downloads are available, if you look it up, it is the same download,
> > kb954430, i have kodak easy share software installed, in fact the latest &
> > greatest as we had a printer issue last week, if you could tell me how to
> > stop this, it would be greatly appreciated, thanx! djowdji
> > --
> > djowdji
> >

> 1. Using Microsoft update I hid KB 954430 so that it was not reoffered
> while I found a solution. I hid it because I do not like turning off
> automatic update. Turning off the Automatic update would give the same
> result. Make sure you remember to turn it back on. :-)
>
> 2. Downloaded MSXML4-KB954430-enu.exe from:

> 3. Deleted MSXML4-KB954430 using Add Remove program in control panel.
>
> 4. Installed MSXML4-KB954430-enu.exe by clicking on it.
>
> KB954430 has not been reoffered ever since.
>
> A word to the wise, the same problem might arise every time you repair or
> upgrade Kodak Easyshare software. Keep the solution handy. It did happen to
> me with KB936181.
>
> It worked for me I hope it works for you. Let me know how it turns out.
>
> Serge

Bob07731

On Nov 18, 2:56*pm, Serge <Se...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> "djowdji" wrote:
> > this is the same problem that i have experienced, the down load is prompted,
> > & after download is complete it is labeled successfully installed, however,
> > within a short period of time, usually 2 minutes, you are that *important
> > downloads are available, if you look it up, it is the same download,
> > kb954430, i have kodak easy share software installed, in fact the latest &
> > greatest as we had a printer issue last week, if you could tell me how to
> > stop this, it would be greatly appreciated, thanx! djowdji
> > --
> > djowdji

> *1. Using Microsoft update I hid KB 954430 so that it was not reoffered
> while I found a solution. I hid it because I do not like turning off
> automatic update. *Turning off the Automatic update would give the same
> result. *Make sure you remember to turn it back on. :-)
>
> 2. Downloaded MSXML4-KB954430-enu.exe from:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...D=96a4413c-526....
>
> 3. Deleted MSXML4-KB954430 using Add Remove program in control panel.
>
> 4. Installed MSXML4-KB954430-enu.exe by clicking on it.
>
> KB954430 has not been reoffered ever since.
>
> A word to the wise, the same problem might arise every time you repair or
> upgrade Kodak Easyshare software. *Keep the solution handy. *It did happen to
> me with KB936181.
>
> It worked for me I hope it works for you. Let me know how it turns out.
>
> Serge

I get these "results"
> 3. Deleted MSXML4-KB954430 using Add Remove program in control panel. <<<<<<<<<<<<<I don't see that option, while using Windows Vista.
>
> 4. Installed MSXML4-KB954430-enu.exe by clicking on it. I downloaded it 4times, and get the same results. (Error opening istallation log file. Verify the the specified log file location exists and is writeable.)

Ron

Bob07731 wrote:
> On Nov 18, 2:56 pm, Serge <Se...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

> I get these "results"
>> 3. Deleted MSXML4-KB954430 using Add Remove program in control
>> I don't see that option, while using Windows Vista.

Instead of looking under the Windows Security Updates, look under the
Add/Remove Programs list beginning with the first letter of "M" and
you'll probably find it. I missed it the first time I looked for it, and
several other people have also.

Specifically, look for:

MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430)