Re: Windows update

Gerry

Re: Windows update
Jorge

You need the spe******t newsgroup for Windows Update. Let see if this
produces a reply.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jorge Bravo wrote:
> Helo Jerry
>
> When I press Keep your Windows up- to-date with Windows Update I get a
> nearly empty box with 'Undefined' in the right pane and nothing else
> at all.
> help!
>
> JB
>

> "Gerry" <gerry@nospam.com> escreveu na mensagem
>> Jorge
>>
>> Select, Start, Help and Support, Keep your Windows up- to-date with
>> Windows Update, Review your Update History. What is the Failure
>> code. Double click the small red icon in the Status column for the
>> failed update.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Gerry
>> ~~~~
>> FCA
>> Stourport, England
>> Enquire, plan and execute
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>

>> Jorge Bravo wrote:
>>> XP Home SP3
>>>
>>> Unable to download the latest updates (6). I see an earlier post
>>> with similar problems. Any ideas what may be happening?

Jorge Bravo

Re: Windows update
I found the error code for the failed downloads: 0x80246008

Any ideas?

> Jorge
>
> You need the spe******t newsgroup for Windows Update. Let see if this
> produces a reply.
>
> --
>

> Hope this helps.
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~
> FCA
> Stourport, England
> Enquire, plan and execute
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Jorge Bravo wrote:
>> Helo Jerry
>>
>> When I press Keep your Windows up- to-date with Windows Update I get a
>> nearly empty box with 'Undefined' in the right pane and nothing else
>> at all.
>> help!
>>
>> JB
>>

>> "Gerry" <gerry@nospam.com> escreveu na mensagem
>>> Jorge
>>>
>>> Select, Start, Help and Support, Keep your Windows up- to-date with
>>> Windows Update, Review your Update History. What is the Failure
>>> code. Double click the small red icon in the Status column for the
>>> failed update.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> Hope this helps.
>>>
>>> Gerry
>>> ~~~~
>>> FCA
>>> Stourport, England
>>> Enquire, plan and execute
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: Windows update
See
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...45f33740605fd1
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Jorge Bravo wrote:
> I found the error code for the failed downloads: 0x80246008
>
>> You need the spe******t newsgroup for Windows Update. Let see if this
>> produces a reply.
>>
>>> When I press Keep your Windows up- to-date with Windows Update I get a
>>> nearly empty box with 'Undefined' in the right pane and nothing else
>>> at all.
>>> help!

Gerry

Re: Windows update
Jorge

http://update.microsoft.com/microsof...n=en&IsMu=True

What are your anti-virus and anti-spyware?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jorge Bravo wrote:
> I found the error code for the failed downloads: 0x80246008
>
> Any ideas?
>

> "Gerry" <gerry@nospam.com> escreveu na mensagem
>> Jorge
>>
>> You need the spe******t newsgroup for Windows Update. Let see if this
>> produces a reply.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Gerry
>> ~~~~
>> FCA
>> Stourport, England
>> Enquire, plan and execute
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>> Jorge Bravo wrote:
>>> Helo Jerry
>>>
>>> When I press Keep your Windows up- to-date with Windows Update I
>>> get a nearly empty box with 'Undefined' in the right pane and
>>> nothing else at all.
>>> help!
>>>
>>> JB
>>>

>>> "Gerry" <gerry@nospam.com> escreveu na mensagem

Jorge Bravo

Re: Windows update
Avast, Defender and SpywareBlaster.

I've now downloaded the updates manually, except for the one for Defender.

The computer runs fine and I am starting to think that the problem is with
the MS site.

> Jorge
>
> http://update.microsoft.com/microsof...n=en&IsMu=True
>
> What are your anti-virus and anti-spyware?
>

> --
>

> Hope this helps.
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~
> FCA
> Stourport, England
> Enquire, plan and execute
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Jorge Bravo wrote:
>> I found the error code for the failed downloads: 0x80246008
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

>> "Gerry" <gerry@nospam.com> escreveu na mensagem
>>> Jorge
>>>
>>> You need the spe******t newsgroup for Windows Update. Let see if this