Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2

Brandon

Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
The update Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
(KB954430) won't install onto my computer i've restarted it multiple times
and it always end up as a failed installation. Because of my automatic
updates it keeps reappearing every 2 minutes. Is there anyway to install this
update because it seems to be necessary. I tried installing from both my
computer and on the website.

Thanks
TaurArian

RE: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
Hi there, please read the known issues here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954430

If appropriate either manually install the update or seek assistance from MS
regarding the update.

"To work around this problem, manually install the security update from the
Microsoft Download Center, and then click Ignore when the error message is
displayed. To confirm that the installation was successful, verify that the
version of the Msxml4.dll file in the %SystemRoot%\System32 folder is
4.20.9848.0."

"How to obtain help and support for this security update
the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft
subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft
International Support Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/....aspx?rdpath=4
North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by visiting
the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?&prid=7552
your usual support contacts. "

"Brandon" wrote:

> The update Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
> (KB954430) won't install onto my computer i've restarted it multiple times
> and it always end up as a failed installation. Because of my automatic
> updates it keeps reappearing every 2 minutes. Is there anyway to install this
> update because it seems to be necessary. I tried installing from both my
> computer and on the website.
>
> Thanks

gmp2003

Re: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2

*Quick and temporary solution is as follows*

The reason for error is "Two or more instances of the Msiexec.exe
service cannot be launched at the same time for two different products.
One install or repair process must finish before the other process can
be launched. "

1. Press *Ctrl+Alt *and *delete*
2. A windows task manager window will pop up
3. go to "*Processes*"
4. Select "*Msiexec.exe*" in the list and press *End process *button
located at bottom right side of windows task manager window.
5. Check the list and end the "Msiexec.exe " any running there.
6. Now you will be able to run and install your application without any
error.

--
gmp2003
gmp2003's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/gmp2003.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Steve

Re: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pa
Thanks so much gmp2003, I had the same problem and tried many things, but
yours was the easiest to do and it fixed the problem I now have all my
imortant updates! Thanks so much!

"gmp2003" wrote:

> *Quick and temporary solution is as follows*
>
> The reason for error is "Two or more instances of the Msiexec.exe
> service cannot be launched at the same time for two different products.
> One install or repair process must finish before the other process can
> be launched. "
>

> 1. Press *Ctrl+Alt *and *delete*
> 2. A windows task manager window will pop up
> 3. go to "*Processes*"
> 4. Select "*Msiexec.exe*" in the list and press *End process *button
> located at bottom right side of windows task manager window.
> 5. Check the list and end the "Msiexec.exe " any running there.
> 6. Now you will be able to run and install your application without any
> error.
>

> --
> gmp2003
> gmp2003's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/gmp2003.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1070746.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

PBLEE

Re: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2

Windows SBS server Standard

Two updates fail to install
Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 6.0 Service Pack 2

Have tried both advice here with no luck

msiexec.exe is not running in servicxes to be stopped
Downloaded the file from Microsoft and tried to manually install

Error message code is 2203 then the program terminates instal so no
option to ignore....

Checked out the version of file in System 32 and it states that it is
already Version 4.20.9848.0 (08/05/2007). Why is this showing as a
required update..????

Any other clues as to how to solve install problem????
have only focussed on first update at the moment

Peter

--
PBLEE
PBLEE's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/pblee.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1070746.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Robert Aldwinckle

"PBLEE" <PBLEE.3lq23c@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message news:PBLEE.3lq23c@DoNotSpam.com...

> Windows SBS server Standard
>
> Two updates fail to install
> Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
> Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 6.0 Service Pack 2
>
> Have tried both advice here with no luck
>
> msiexec.exe is not running in servicxes to be stopped
> Downloaded the file from Microsoft and tried to manually install
>

> Error message code is 2203 then the program terminates instal so no
> option to ignore....

<cmd_output OS="XPsp3">
E:\>net helpmsg 2203

The password parameter is invalid.

EXPLANATION

You specified an invalid password.

ACTION

Use a valid password.
</cmd_output>

Perhaps your system is too tightly locked down to install
them successfully?

> Checked out the version of file in System 32 and it states that it is
> already Version 4.20.9848.0 (08/05/2007). Why is this showing as a
> required update..????

Details? Why do you think that version is Ok?

> Any other clues as to how to solve install problem????

Look in the install log(s).

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> have only focussed on first update at the moment
>
> Peter
>

> --
> PBLEE
> PBLEE's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/pblee.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1070746.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

PBLEE

Re: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2

thanks for the reply robert

I checked log the event log first up and the message just really said
the update failed no specific help....

I liked the way you got the explanation for the help message....Will
use that in future....

cmd_output OS="XPsp3">
E:\>net helpmsg 2203

Perhaps your system is too tightly locked down to install
them successfully?

In the end you are so right it was simply so locked down that the
updates couldnt install.

logged on with new administrator account with no restrictions and bingo
installed in seconds.

the version of file i was told was the correct version iff the updates
were installed (Read in another post somewhere)

its the simply solutions in the end..

thanks again robert