Error Code 80244019 on Vista Ultimate SP1

DJMoneyMike

Error Code 80244019 on Vista Ultimate SP1

About 2 weeks ago I noticed that I was not able to connect to Windows
Update server using Windows Update. Windows Update reports that I have
never checked for updates or never installed updates, which days before
this problem I have. I didn't think much of the problem at the time.
Lately I have noticed a drastic change in computer performance and
popups, it worried me. I decided to update Ad-Aware 2008 and scan, but
during update I received an error saying "No Connection To Download
Server". I then try running avast! Antivirus and it finds nothing. Next
I tried to go to Microsoft Update site and manually download updates, I
get "Server Error in '/' Application". So I run UnHackMe and it finds a
trojan on startup, I remove that. Next I run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
and it finds multiple DNSchangers in the registry, I remove that.
Finally I run Spybot - Search & Destroy and it finds multiple tracking
cookies, I remove them.

My computer performance is close to normal again, except for the fact I
still cant connect to Windows Update or Ad-Aware Update server. I have a
feeling that there is still more to the DNSchanger, maybe with a
rootkit. I don't kno, I need help.

Local Area Connections Properties TCP/IPv6 & v4 both are to obtain
automatically.
Running Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 1,
avast! Antivirus,
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware,
Ad-Aware,
UnHackMe,
Spybot - Search & Destroy.

I can send the logs of the objects removed and a HijackThis log if
needed.

--
DJMoneyMike
DJMoneyMike's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/djmoneymike.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

TaurArian

RE: Error Code 80244019 on Vista Ultimate SP1
"quote"

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

"Quote"

Borrowed from PA Bear.

"DJMoneyMike" wrote:

> About 2 weeks ago I noticed that I was not able to connect to Windows
> Update server using Windows Update. Windows Update reports that I have
> never checked for updates or never installed updates, which days before
> this problem I have. I didn't think much of the problem at the time.
> Lately I have noticed a drastic change in computer performance and
> popups, it worried me. I decided to update Ad-Aware 2008 and scan, but
> during update I received an error saying "No Connection To Download
> Server". I then try running avast! Antivirus and it finds nothing. Next
> I tried to go to Microsoft Update site and manually download updates, I
> get "Server Error in '/' Application". So I run UnHackMe and it finds a
> trojan on startup, I remove that. Next I run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
> and it finds multiple DNSchangers in the registry, I remove that.
> Finally I run Spybot - Search & Destroy and it finds multiple tracking
> cookies, I remove them.
>
> My computer performance is close to normal again, except for the fact I
> still cant connect to Windows Update or Ad-Aware Update server. I have a
> feeling that there is still more to the DNSchanger, maybe with a
> rootkit. I don't kno, I need help.
>
> Local Area Connections Properties TCP/IPv6 & v4 both are to obtain
> automatically.
> Running Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 1,
> avast! Antivirus,
> Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware,
> Ad-Aware,
> UnHackMe,
> Spybot - Search & Destroy.
>
> I can send the logs of the objects removed and a HijackThis log if
> needed.
>

> --
> DJMoneyMike
> DJMoneyMike's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/djmoneymike.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1070655.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Re: Error Code 80244019 on Vista Ultimate SP1
See this recent discussion, Mike:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...60cdcee6c44607

NB: As of this post, MBAM *cannot* clean this infection!
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

DJMoneyMike wrote:
> About 2 weeks ago I noticed that I was not able to connect to Windows
> Update server using Windows Update. Windows Update reports that I have
> never checked for updates or never installed updates, which days before
> this problem I have. I didn't think much of the problem at the time.
> Lately I have noticed a drastic change in computer performance and
> popups, it worried me. I decided to update Ad-Aware 2008 and scan, but
> during update I received an error saying "No Connection To Download
> Server". I then try running avast! Antivirus and it finds nothing. Next
> I tried to go to Microsoft Update site and manually download updates, I
> get "Server Error in '/' Application". So I run UnHackMe and it finds a
> trojan on startup, I remove that. Next I run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
> and it finds multiple DNSchangers in the registry, I remove that.
> Finally I run Spybot - Search & Destroy and it finds multiple tracking
> cookies, I remove them.
>
> My computer performance is close to normal again, except for the fact I
> still cant connect to Windows Update or Ad-Aware Update server. I have a
> feeling that there is still more to the DNSchanger, maybe with a
> rootkit. I don't kno, I need help.
>
> Local Area Connections Properties TCP/IPv6 & v4 both are to obtain
> automatically.
> Running Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 1,
> avast! Antivirus,
> Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware,
> Ad-Aware,
> UnHackMe,
> Spybot - Search & Destroy.
>
> I can send the logs of the objects removed and a HijackThis log if
> needed.

DJMoneyMike

Re: Error Code 80244019 on Vista Ultimate SP1

Thank you, TaurArian and PA Bear [MS MVP]. That information is
usefull...now i just need to go through it all. I am thinking I have
Vundo infection because Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Spybot Search &
Destroy both deleted ZLOB infections. Hopefully MBAM figures out a way
to rid this pest. I really hope I don't have to reformat my drive...too
much DJ stuff to back up.