WSUS Not Updating Clients

Anna

WSUS Not Updating Clients
Some computers are not being updated via WSUS, others not reported yet and
others are reporting they have been updated within the last couple of weeks.
I even deleted the computers from WSUS and added them back and still have the
same problem. How can I get all of my computers to be updated?
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: WSUS Not Updating Clients
Since this is the Windows Update newsgroup, which deals with mostly
client-side updating issues, suggest you post this issue to the WSUS NG:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services

I'd crosspost it for you but you're using a web-based newsreader and may
never find the thread <w>

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Anna wrote:

> Some computers are not being updated via WSUS, others not reported yet and
> others are reporting they have been updated within the last couple of weeks.
> I even deleted the computers from WSUS and added them back and still have the
> same problem. How can I get all of my computers to be updated?

Anna

Re: WSUS Not Updating Clients
Thanks I will do that.

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> Since this is the Windows Update newsgroup, which deals with mostly
> client-side updating issues, suggest you post this issue to the WSUS NG:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services
>
> I'd crosspost it for you but you're using a web-based newsreader and may
> never find the thread <w>
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Anna wrote:
>
> > Some computers are not being updated via WSUS, others not reported yet and
> > others are reporting they have been updated within the last couple of weeks.
> > I even deleted the computers from WSUS and added them back and still have the
> > same problem. How can I get all of my computers to be updated?

Robert Aldwinckle

"MowGreen [MVP]" <mowgreen@nowandzen.com> wrote in message news:Oo$NEsPRJHA.4916@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Since this is the Windows Update newsgroup, which deals with mostly
> client-side updating issues, suggest you post this issue to the WSUS NG:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services
>
> I'd crosspost it for you but you're using a web-based newsreader and may
> never find the thread <w>

She found the thread. ; )

In fact, I think web interface users get the most benefit from cross-posting.
They can switch newsgroups using the link in the header they get as a result.
The only real problem they may have with it is if the portal they are using
doesn't host all the newsgroups. So, in that case giving an explicit link
may be better for them but more work for us. E.g. cross-posting in OE
from a composition window is as easy as Alt-T,N (distinctive pattern),Enter

Robert
---