Re: ASN1 bad tag value met. Error Fix!

lemonfm

Re: ASN1 bad tag value met. Error Fix!

Follow these steps to fix your catroot, after doing this you will be
able to download to correct critical updates for Win XP etc, your
problems will be solved :-)

1.Click on start. choose run
2. In the open box, type SIGVERIF
3.Click o.k
4. Click on 'Advanced' button and select. Look for other files that are
not
digitally signed
5.In the "Look in this folder" box, click on the browse button and
point to
the folder C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CATROOT
6. Check 'include subfolders'
7.click ok and then click on start.
8.Once the scan is complete a window will appear with a list of
unsigned files
DO NOT CLOSE THIS BOX
Now you have to create a temp folder on your desktop.
NEXT STEPS..
1.Go into my computer click on local disk (C)
2. Click on windows
3.Click on system32
4.Click on catroot
5.Click on any folders there and now comes the tricky part.
The Box that you first opened the one I said not to exit from all the
files
that are in that box must be taken from the folder last opened and
transferred to the temp folder on your desktop. make sure you transfer
only
the files stated in the first box.
If you understand this ok if not let me know.
Now you can go into Windows update and download, the issue should be
resolved.
DONT ASK ME WHAT TO DO WITH THE TEMP FOLDER. JUST KEEP IT ON YOUR
DESKTOP

--
lemonfm
lemonfm's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/lemonfm.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

prakashbadiger

Re: ASN1 bad tag value met. Error Fix!

i have two catroot folders

1) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CATROOT
2) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CATROOT2

which one i should use?

--
prakashbadiger
prakashbadiger's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/prakashbadiger.htm

prakashbadiger;4086297 Wrote:
> i have two catroot folders
>
> 1) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CATROOT
> 2) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CATROOT2
>
> which one i should use?

Use C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CATROOT

--
lemonfm
lemonfm's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/lemonfm.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/251939.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

prakashbadiger

Re: ASN1 bad tag value met. Error Fix!

i tried this catroot method also but it didn't resolve my problem...
I get the following error
[05/01/09, 08:49] (Err) Verify Failed (inputfile =
D:\APPLICATIONS\PSBWEB\OUT\PB200805.txt.ent.ent, index = 0) Invalid
format for ENT Signed File: ASN1 bad tag value met.
when i try to unsign the double signed file (filename.txt.ent.ent) in a
web module but the same file i can unsign using the two different
windows application...any help is appreciated...

PB

--
prakashbadiger
prakashbadiger's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/prakashbadiger.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/251939.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

tauseef.mulla

lemonfm;4074246 Wrote:
> Follow these steps to fix your catroot, after doing this you will be
> able to download to correct critical updates for Win XP etc, your
> problems will be solved :-)
>
> 1.Click on start. choose run
> 2. In the open box, type SIGVERIF
> 3.Click o.k
> 4. Click on 'Advanced' button and select. Look for other files that are
> not
> digitally signed
> 5.In the "Look in this folder" box, click on the browse button and
> point to
> the folder C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CATROOT
> 6. Check 'include subfolders'
> 7.click ok and then click on start.
> 8.Once the scan is complete a window will appear with a list of
> unsigned files
> DO NOT CLOSE THIS BOX
> Now you have to create a temp folder on your desktop.
> NEXT STEPS..
> 1.Go into my computer click on local disk (C)
> 2. Click on windows
> 3.Click on system32
> 4.Click on catroot
> 5.Click on any folders there and now comes the tricky part.
> The Box that you first opened the one I said not to exit from all the
> files
> that are in that box must be taken from the folder last opened and
> transferred to the temp folder on your desktop. make sure you transfer
> only
> the files stated in the first box.
> If you understand this ok if not let me know.
> Now you can go into Windows update and download, the issue should be
> resolved.
> DONT ASK ME WHAT TO DO WITH THE TEMP FOLDER. JUST KEEP IT ON YOUR
> DESKTOP

Follow these steps to fix your catroot, after doing this you will be
able to download to correct critical updates for Win XP etc, your
problems will be solved :

1 Basic step:
Click Start->run
2. Type SIGVERIF
3. Click Advanced -> Then inside the SEARCH tab
4. Click on Look for other files
5. Then Down check the check box (Include Subfolders). Click on browse
button . Then under Windows Folder-> select system32->CatRoot. Then
click ok button. Thne click again ok in the SEARCH TAB. Then click
*start* on File Signature Verification.
6. After scanning u will get a list of files that have not been
digitally signed. Now without closing this window, create a Folder name
TEMP into ur desktop.

NEXT FOLLOW THESE STEPS

1. Go to start-> run and type C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CATROOT
2. Now search the list of files that are not digitally signed by
comparing the files that u got in previous step 6.
3. Now select those files from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CATROOT and cut and
paste into the TEMP folder created into ur desktop.
4. THUS " ASN1 bad tag value met " error is fixed
5. Now delete the TEMP folder from desktop.

--
tauseef.mulla
tauseef.mulla's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/tauseef-mulla.htm