RE: WINDOWS UPDATE NOT WORKING

Von

RE: WINDOWS UPDATE NOT WORKING
Help!
When I try to change auto updates to automatic, and then click apply, the
status is stopped. So I change it to start and I gt an erro code 1058 and
the msg. The service cannot be started, either bcause it is disabled or
because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
--
V-Man

"Devil" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The 0x8DDD0018 error occurs when there's a problem with the necessary
> services, Automatic Update and/or the Background Intelligent Transfer Service
> (BITS).
>
> Set Automatic Update service to Automatic and verify the Status is Started
> and verify the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) to Manual.
>
> Kindly try this & let me know.
>
> 1. Click Start, and then click Run.
> 2. Type services.msc and then click OK.
> 3. In the list of services, right-click on Automatic Updates and then click
> Properties.
> 4. In the Startup type list, select Automatic and click Apply
> 5. Verify that the Service status is started, if the Service Status is
> Stopped click on the Start Button.
> 6. In the list of services, right-click on Background Intelligent Transfer
> Service (BITS) and then click Properties.
> 7. In the Startup type list, select Manual and click Apply
> 8. Verify that the Service status is started, If the Service Status is
> Stopped click on the Start Button.
> 9. Click OK.
>
> Regards
>
> DEVIL
>
> "RICK" wrote:
>
> > my auto update hasn't worked right since i downloaded windows sp2.i have
> > fixed it two times and each time i get a different code. the last code was
> > 0x8ddd0018.so i went to RUN put in services.msc. auto update was disabled.
> > i went and switched it off and back on and now a error says it is up for
> > deletion. so then i went to RUN put in regsvr32whaheng.dll . and now i get
> > a error code for 0x80070430. can anyone help please.

TaurArian

Re: WINDOWS UPDATE NOT WORKING
System may be infected with malware "Vundo" and mates
http://www.microsoft.com/security/po...=Win32%2fVundo

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org