Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

SP3 (KB936929) download failure

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2008
gerhard
 

Posts: n/a
SP3 (KB936929) download failure
I cannot download SP3 and I get the code 0x80072F78
What is happening, can somebody help me there
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2008
Diana
 

Posts: n/a
Re: SP3 (KB936929) download failure
Hello,

0x80072F78 ERROR_HTTP_INVALID_SERVER_RESPONSE

Please try the steps in this article:

836941 You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use
Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;836941

Diana Smith [MSFT] <diasmith@hotmail.com>
CSS Security Team

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


"gerhard" <gerhard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F99DB5DF-ED16-44F0-B212-9D12C20FEE1E@microsoft.com...
>I cannot download SP3 and I get the code 0x80072F78
> What is happening, can somebody help me there


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: SP3 (KB936929) download failure
How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of WinXP SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718

WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation
http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron...tallation.aspx

Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3), until 14 Apr-09. Chat and
e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select "Windows
XP" then select "Windows XP Service Pack 3"
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

gerhard wrote:
> I cannot download SP3 and I get the code 0x80072F78
> What is happening, can somebody help me there


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2008
Gis Bun
 

Posts: n/a
RE: SP3 (KB936929) download failure
Depending on your connection speed, you may want to download the full 312MB
package.

Suggest you do a clean boot while at it. Safer.

"gerhard" wrote:

> I cannot download SP3 and I get the code 0x80072F78
> What is happening, can somebody help me there

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2008
Ron Powers
 

Posts: n/a
Re: SP3 (KB936929) download failure
I too have an issue downloading the Windows update for XP from SP2 to SP3.
When I go to the Windows update site & click on the update it shows as 0 kb
for starters.Then after the download gets 2/3's in it developes a download
error. Have tried to download several time & always with the same results. &
then have to uninstall the partially downloaded SP3 update. Perhaps someone
can tell me why this is as I have no idea why it shows up as 0 kb & how does
one DL an empty file?I am also frustrated with MS not having decent help on
it's site or even solutions or patches.Because of this issue, my PC has many
other problems using the old SP2 & seems to be no solution in site.I do not
even get an error message so that I could look it up. Just error boxes to
tell me of the failure to download.Would love to know why a file with 0 kb
can be offered for updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated as am witts
end about now. Thanks.

Technology can cause brain damage if in the wrong hands.

-- "Diana" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 0x80072F78 ERROR_HTTP_INVALID_SERVER_RESPONSE
>
> Please try the steps in this article:
>
> 836941 You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use
> Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;836941
>
> Diana Smith [MSFT] <diasmith@hotmail.com>
> CSS Security Team
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
>
> "gerhard" <gerhard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:F99DB5DF-ED16-44F0-B212-9D12C20FEE1E@microsoft.com...
> >I cannot download SP3 and I get the code 0x80072F78
> > What is happening, can somebody help me there

>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2008
Robert Aldwinckle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: SP3 (KB936929) download failure

"Ron Powers" <ronto@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:BFB76B0C-A80F-4B09-A7F5-8424DE3A0395@microsoft.com...
>I too have an issue downloading the Windows update for XP from SP2 to SP3.
> When I go to the Windows update site & click on the update it shows as 0 kb
> for starters.


> Then after the download gets 2/3's in it developes a download error.



Details? Have you tried to investigate that? Refine your symptom description.
Perhaps it relates to disk space requirements?...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947311/


> Have tried to download several time & always with the same results. &
> then have to uninstall the partially downloaded SP3 update. Perhaps someone
> can tell me why this is as I have no idea why it shows up as 0 kb & how does
> one DL an empty file?I am also frustrated with MS not having decent help on
> it's site or even solutions or patches.Because of this issue, my PC has many
> other problems using the old SP2 & seems to be no solution in site.I do not
> even get an error message so that I could look it up. Just error boxes to
> tell me of the failure to download.Would love to know why a file with 0 kb
> can be offered for updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated as am witts
> end about now. Thanks.


....


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Failure to Download Updates Alan microsoft.public.windowsupdate 6 05-28-2008 15:01
failuer to download Win XP Sp3 (KB936929) Marie C microsoft.public.windowsupdate 4 05-09-2008 15:04
Windows XP SP2 download failure Scott microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 02-28-2008 19:53
Download Failure Evansville, IN Doug microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 12-10-2007 08:34
Windows XP SP2 download failure Daniel Petrucci microsoft.public.windowsupdate 4 11-17-2007 07:28




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:32.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120