Security Updat for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109) Faili

Naudae

Security Updat for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109) Faili
I've tried multiple times. I've even gone as far as to completely uninstall
all service packs and reinstall them one by one. Yet, still I get this damned
automatic update, and EVERY time I try to install the thing, it ALWAYS fails.
Every other update (Security Update for Windows XP, Service Pack 3, etc...)
have installed with no problems whatsoever, yet this thing continues to
plague me with utter annoyance. Someone, if you know how to solve this issue,
or if someone from Microsoft happens to actually pay enough attention and see
this, PLEASE for the love of God help me! I don't want to have to do a total
hard drive format or reinstall Windows just for this! This laptop is new
fairly new, seeing as I got it January 8th of this year, 2008! I'm currently
using Windows XP just for reference.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME OUT HERE!

Thank you.
Naudae

Re: Security Updat for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109) Faili
"Please call 1-800-936-5700 (or 1-800-936-4900 and ask to be routed to the
SQL-Public Team) to open a free consumer support case. There is no charge
for support related to installing a Security Update.

"When you call please let them know that this has to do with Security
Bulletin MS08-040.

"If they try to charge you, please let them know that there is free support
for any issues with Security Updates."

Source:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...fc180d9f9e71b9
and
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...beea74c983c1c6

Or you could...

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB999999).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

Naudae wrote:
> I've tried multiple times. I've even gone as far as to completely
> uninstall
> all service packs and reinstall them one by one. Yet, still I get this
> damned automatic update, and EVERY time I try to install the thing, it
> ALWAYS fails. Every other update (Security Update for Windows XP, Service
> Pack 3, etc...) have installed with no problems whatsoever, yet this thing
> continues to plague me with utter annoyance. Someone, if you know how to
> solve this issue, or if someone from Microsoft happens to actually pay
> enough attention and see this, PLEASE for the love of God help me! I don't
> want to have to do a total hard drive format or reinstall Windows just for
> this! This laptop is new fairly new, seeing as I got it January 8th of
> this
> year, 2008! I'm currently using Windows XP just for reference.
>
> PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME OUT HERE!
>
> Thank you.
> Naudae

TaurArian

RE: Security Updat for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109) Faili
Try posting here:
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Sho...ID=95&SiteID=1