Security update KB928366

Rick Nelson

Security update KB928366
My hard drive had a catastrophic crash on my HP Media Center 2005 but my
reputable local computer shop recovered my data and replaced my HDD, replaced
my hard drive and reinstalled Media Center 2005 and used my HP Recovery Disk.
Everything seems to be running OK accept Automatic update keeps trying to
install Security update KB928366 even after it says it has been successfully
installed.

I have tried a lot of things from these discussion boards but the endless
loop of automatic update continues to appear for Security update KB928366
even though it says it has been successfully installed.

I have no idea what is happening.

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Security update KB928366
Rick,

* Is there an issue installing all updates or just KB928366 ? *

More detailed troubleshooting ideas for .NET Framework 1.0 SP3 and 1.1
SP1 failures
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archi...23/268934.aspx

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the above page to the 'How to get
help' heading . The installation logs and their locations are listed there.
See if you can find an error listed in the logs that match the errors
shown on the page.
If no joy: Unified .NET Framework Troubleshooting Guide
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/articles/454956.aspx

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Rick Nelson wrote:

> My hard drive had a catastrophic crash on my HP Media Center 2005 but my
> reputable local computer shop recovered my data and replaced my HDD, replaced
> my hard drive and reinstalled Media Center 2005 and used my HP Recovery Disk.
> Everything seems to be running OK accept Automatic update keeps trying to
> install Security update KB928366 even after it says it has been successfully
> installed.
>
> I have tried a lot of things from these discussion boards but the endless
> loop of automatic update continues to appear for Security update KB928366
> even though it says it has been successfully installed.
>
> I have no idea what is happening.

Re: Security update KB928366
1. Write down what .NET Framework versions are already installed before you
go uninstalling/removing any of them!

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785

2. Now see Resolutions Methods 1 or 2 in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title).

If no joy, see this related post by my colleague MowGreen:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76de7769d04493
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Rick Nelson wrote:
> My hard drive had a catastrophic crash on my HP Media Center 2005 but my
> reputable local computer shop recovered my data and replaced my HDD,
> replaced my hard drive and reinstalled Media Center 2005 and used my HP
> Recovery Disk. Everything seems to be running OK accept Automatic update
> keeps trying to install Security update KB928366 even after it says it has
> been successfully installed.
>
> I have tried a lot of things from these discussion boards but the endless
> loop of automatic update continues to appear for Security update KB928366
> even though it says it has been successfully installed.
>
> I have no idea what is happening.

FrioBrad

Re: Security update KB928366
MowGreen,

I'm having the same issue, and yes, it is just KB928366. I haven't had any
other problems.

Any ideas? Thanks,

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> Rick,
>
> * Is there an issue installing all updates or just KB928366 ? *
>
> More detailed troubleshooting ideas for .NET Framework 1.0 SP3 and 1.1
> SP1 failures
> http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archi...23/268934.aspx
>
> Scroll all the way to the bottom of the above page to the 'How to get
> help' heading . The installation logs and their locations are listed there.
> See if you can find an error listed in the logs that match the errors
> shown on the page.
> If no joy: Unified .NET Framework Troubleshooting Guide
> http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/articles/454956.aspx
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Rick Nelson wrote:
>
> > My hard drive had a catastrophic crash on my HP Media Center 2005 but my
> > reputable local computer shop recovered my data and replaced my HDD, replaced
> > my hard drive and reinstalled Media Center 2005 and used my HP Recovery Disk.
> > Everything seems to be running OK accept Automatic update keeps trying to
> > install Security update KB928366 even after it says it has been successfully
> > installed.
> >
> > I have tried a lot of things from these discussion boards but the endless
> > loop of automatic update continues to appear for Security update KB928366
> > even though it says it has been successfully installed.
> >
> > I have no idea what is happening.

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Security update KB928366
Did you see this ? -