Error code 80244019 windows update problem

Roms

Error code 80244019 windows update problem
I can not update my windows Vsita SP1 32bit and defender via automatic
updates. i recieve the error code 80244019. There is no proxy server direct
connection. And also when i try to mannulay download security updates from
Microsoft, it says page not found. OneCare safety scanner is unable to scan
the system. Please help ver desperate.

Re: Error code 80244019 windows update problem
There's a very strong possibility that you have a Vundo infection, which is
usually accompanied by ZLOB and/or SDBot infections, all of which are
protected by a rootkit.

Run a thorough check for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis log
to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Roms wrote:
> I can not update my windows Vsita SP1 32bit and defender via automatic
> updates. i recieve the error code 80244019. There is no proxy server
> direct
> connection. And also when i try to mannulay download security updates from
> Microsoft, it says page not found. OneCare safety scanner is unable to
> scan
> the system. Please help ver desperate.

Engel

RE: Error code 80244019 windows update problem
Hello Roms,

It cannot hurt to add SUPERAntiSpyware to the tool box..

See Anna's reply in this thread

<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=35b30 b30-a3bb-4f5b-9ead-cd9c5e6b4b98&mid=e5652fe8-1ea8-49d5-8a16-662d98fdaff3>

<http://www.superantispyware.com/>

Let us know how it works ºut.

Good luck

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"Roms" wrote:

> I can not update my windows Vsita SP1 32bit and defender via automatic
> updates. i recieve the error code 80244019. There is no proxy server direct
> connection. And also when i try to mannulay download security updates from
> Microsoft, it says page not found. OneCare safety scanner is unable to scan
> the system. Please help ver desperate.

roms

Re: Error code 80244019 windows update problem
I must appreciate ur early response and the secong thing SuperAntispyware
worked for me, my DNS server was hijacked by a trojan. I was really giving up
but thanks to PA bear for ur help.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> There's a very strong possibility that you have a Vundo infection, which is
> usually accompanied by ZLOB and/or SDBot infections, all of which are
> protected by a rootkit.
>
> Run a thorough check for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis log
> to an appropriate forum.
>
> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
> http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_R...:_Introduction
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/

> (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use (in
> conjuction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix anything on
> its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
> hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or another appropriate forum for review
> by an expert in such matters, not here.**

> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Roms wrote:
> > I can not update my windows Vsita SP1 32bit and defender via automatic
> > updates. i recieve the error code 80244019. There is no proxy server
> > direct
> > connection. And also when i try to mannulay download security updates from
> > Microsoft, it says page not found. OneCare safety scanner is unable to
> > scan
> > the system. Please help ver desperate.

Re: Error code 80244019 windows update problem
YW but I'd strongly urge you to post your HijackThis log in an appropriate
forum for review by an expert, roms. There's a very nasty new
DNS.Changer-variant going around that will infect any networked machines and
which is very, very difficult to remove. If other machines on your LAN are
infected, your machine will be reinfected very quickly so it's important to
get all machines cleaned up.