vista service pack 1

tony

vista service pack 1
tried to install vista service pack 1 kb936330 but it failed with a error
80010108 I want to install the service pack but not sure why it failed any
ideas?
Engel

RE: vista service pack 1
Hello Tony,
See if anything here helps.

Things to know before you download Windows Vista SP1
<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/bb968859.aspx>
-=-

Information about Windows Vista SP1
<http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=936330>
-=-

How to install Windows Vista SP1
<http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/Help/133c8953-c9cd-4fa5-8883-03e91bb6f2021033.mspx>
-=-

SP1 "Installation was not successful" or "An internal error occurred while
installing the service pack"
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366>
-=-

SP1 How to uninstall Windows Vista SP1 as a troubleshooting step
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948537>
-=-

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Good luck

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"tony" wrote:

> tried to install vista service pack 1 kb936330 but it failed with a error
> 80010108 I want to install the service pack but not sure why it failed any
> ideas?

Re: vista service pack 1
Are you attempting to install Vista SP1 via Windows Update or manually?

(if any)?

Error message when you try to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1:
"Installation was not successful" or "An internal error occurred while
installing the service pack"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366

The update is not installed successfully, you receive a message, and the
computer restarts when you try to install an update in Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358

Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
at no charge through 18 Mar-09

• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

tony wrote:
> tried to install vista service pack 1 kb936330 but it failed with a error
> 80010108 I want to install the service pack but not sure why it failed any
> ideas?

tinalili

Re: vista service pack 1
I'm also having trouble updating the installation manually. I have tried 4
times today. I don't get an error code but it does state "Failed". You
mention anti-virus applications. I had a free trial for Trend and Spy
Sweeper which both expired a few weeks ago. When I start my computer, these
programs automatically pop up wanting me to subscribe. I have tried to
delete these without success as I've heard there are other free anti-virus
programs available. Is there a way to delete these? Any ideas of free
anti-virus programs?

Thanks,

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Are you attempting to install Vista SP1 via Windows Update or manually?
>
> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall
> (if any)?
>
> Error message when you try to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1:
> "Installation was not successful" or "An internal error occurred while
> installing the service pack"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366
>
> The update is not installed successfully, you receive a message, and the
> computer restarts when you try to install an update in Windows Vista
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358
>
> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
> at no charge through 18 Mar-09
>
> • US:
>
> • CA:
>
> • UK:
>
> • AU:
>
> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> tony wrote:
> > tried to install vista service pack 1 kb936330 but it failed with a error
> > 80010108 I want to install the service pack but not sure why it failed any
> > ideas?

Re: vista service pack 1
Feel free to begin a new thread about your problem, tinalili.