No update due to Error: 0x80072F8F

vedaxuxu

No update due to Error: 0x80072F8F
When I try to get the express update "Get high-priority updates
(recommended)", nothing's happend only this message:

Quote--------------------------
[Error number: 0x80072F8F]
Your computer's date and time appear to be out of sync with an update
certificate. To fix this:
1. In Control Panel, open Date and Time Properties.
2. Ensure that the date and time are correct.
Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number
0x80072F8F) yourself.
The following information has helped people troubleshoot problems reported
to Microsoft Product Support:

When searching for available updates on the Update site, you see the
0x80072F8F error while looking for available updates (Resolution 1)
When searching for available updates on the Update site, you see the
0x80072F8F error while looking for available updates (Resolution 2)
When searching for available updates on the Update site, you see the
0x80072F8F error while looking for available updates (Resolution 3)
End Quote---------------------

I tried the all three repairing options with no results. Any idea how to
solve this malfunction ?
Petr

RE: No update due to Error: 0x80072F8F

"vedaxuxu" wrote:

> When I try to get the express update "Get high-priority updates
> (recommended)", nothing's happend only this message:
>
> Quote--------------------------
> [Error number: 0x80072F8F]
> Your computer's date and time appear to be out of sync with an update
> certificate. To fix this:
> 1. In Control Panel, open Date and Time Properties.
> 2. Ensure that the date and time are correct.
> Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number
> 0x80072F8F) yourself.
> The following information has helped people troubleshoot problems reported
> to Microsoft Product Support:
>
> When searching for available updates on the Update site, you see the
> 0x80072F8F error while looking for available updates (Resolution 1)
> When searching for available updates on the Update site, you see the
> 0x80072F8F error while looking for available updates (Resolution 2)
> When searching for available updates on the Update site, you see the
> 0x80072F8F error while looking for available updates (Resolution 3)
> End Quote---------------------
>

> I tried the all three repairing options with no results. Any idea how to
> solve this malfunction ?

TaurArian

Re: No update due to Error: 0x80072F8F
Make sure that automatic updating of trusted root authority certificates is
turned on

1. In Control Panel, open Add or Remove Programs
2. Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
3. Select the Update Root Certificates check box.
4. Click Next, and then click Finish.

Note
.. To open Add/Remove Windows Components, click Start, click Control Panel,
click Add or Remove Programs, and then click Add/Remove Windows Components.

Also check this article (ignore the title)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326253
Error message when you check for updates on the Windows Update site:
"0X800A138F: There are no updates available at this time"
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org