I've Tried Everything!

BeautyCochran

I've Tried Everything!
Ok, what usually after I reinstall everything on my computer after a crash
etc., and all of over 100 updates and fixes download, my Automatic Updater
quits it's life! LOL! It won't download! That icon shows up but then when I
click on it, it disappears! So I tried all of the things after using the
Security Analizer (sp?) and so now here I am! One thing that is different is
that NOW my WAU is grayed out so I can't change it to Automatically Install.
The only thing I have from this thing is the WindowsUpdate.log and I do not
know what I'm looking at, LOL! What should I do next? The analyzer says it
is missing a WUA *.cab file?
Love & Huggles~Beauty
Shenan Stanley

Re: I've Tried Everything!
BeautyCochran wrote:
> Ok, what usually after I reinstall everything on my computer after
> a crash etc., and all of over 100 updates and fixes download, my
> Automatic Updater quits it's life! LOL! It won't download! That
> icon shows up but then when I click on it, it disappears! So I
> tried all of the things after using the Security Analizer (sp?) and
> so now here I am! One thing that is different is that NOW my WAU
> is grayed out so I can't change it to Automatically Install. The
> only thing I have from this thing is the WindowsUpdate.log and I do
> not know what I'm looking at, LOL! What should I do next? The
> analyzer says it is missing a WUA *.cab file?

Operating system?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Re: I've Tried Everything!
If you've already tried everything, what could we offer here?

Then again & assuming WinXP, CrystalBall© sez...

Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you perform a new Windows XP
installation or you repair a Windows XP installation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/