Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Error: 8000702

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2008
Amren
 

Posts: n/a
Error: 8000702
Hi,
I have for a period been uable to update the downloaded Security Updates
using Windows Update (Im runing Vista Ultimate).

Looking throught all the good advices at this excellent site (thanks for all
who try to help find solutins for other peoples problems), but no success to
solve it.

I have also meen in contact with MS Support and it end up in that to there
opinion the DLL is corrupt and only solution is a reinstallation.

Something I see as a "last resort"...I also have upgraded from Basic to Home
and than to Ultimate...and have only the license via electonically download,
so I can not run a "Repair"..

So..is it anyone who can recommend a work around solution to this problem?

Thank you in advance,
Ambjörn
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2008
Engel
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Error: 8000702
Hello Amren,

See if anything here helps.

You receive a 0x80070002 or 0x80070003 error code after you download an
update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server
Update Services
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336>
-=-

Error message when you use the Windows Update Web site or Microsoft Update
Web site to install updates "0x80070002"
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956698>
-=-

Error code 0x800705aa, error code 0x80070002, error code 0x80004005, error
code 0x800405aa, and error code 0x80090019
This problem occurs because there are some error codes in a third-party
program.
Source:
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914232>
-=-

Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821>
-=-

The above is assuming the error is 0x80070002
-=-

Good luck
-=-



"Amren" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have for a period been uable to update the downloaded Security Updates
> using Windows Update (Im runing Vista Ultimate).
>
> Looking throught all the good advices at this excellent site (thanks for all
> who try to help find solutins for other peoples problems), but no success to
> solve it.
>
> I have also meen in contact with MS Support and it end up in that to there
> opinion the DLL is corrupt and only solution is a reinstallation.
>
> Something I see as a "last resort"...I also have upgraded from Basic to Home
> and than to Ultimate...and have only the license via electonically download,
> so I can not run a "Repair"..
>
> So..is it anyone who can recommend a work around solution to this problem?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Ambjörn

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2008
Amren
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Error: 8000702
Hi "Engel"

Sorry to say despite to your name "Engel", you advice did not solve the
problem...
Last try was to manually dowload the System Update Readiness Tool. It was no
problem to download but dont update my laptop.

Probably no solution to find....Im now runing Vista Ultimate after an
upgrade from Premium (I made that about 1 year ago)..from MS website so I do
not have any DVD.

Seems like a re installatin may be the only solution...but I really hesitate
to do that as I have so many programs and files in my laptop...

So if no one else, or you, have any other ideas we have to stop here.

Anyhow, great thanks for try to help me.

Ambjörn

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello Amren,
>
> See if anything here helps.
>
> You receive a 0x80070002 or 0x80070003 error code after you download an
> update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server
> Update Services
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336>
> -=-
>
> Error message when you use the Windows Update Web site or Microsoft Update
> Web site to install updates "0x80070002"
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956698>
> -=-
>
> Error code 0x800705aa, error code 0x80070002, error code 0x80004005, error
> code 0x800405aa, and error code 0x80090019
> This problem occurs because there are some error codes in a third-party
> program.
> Source:
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914232>
> -=-
>
> Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821>
> -=-
>
> The above is assuming the error is 0x80070002
> -=-
>
> Good luck
> -=-
>
>
>
> "Amren" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have for a period been uable to update the downloaded Security Updates
> > using Windows Update (Im runing Vista Ultimate).
> >
> > Looking throught all the good advices at this excellent site (thanks for all
> > who try to help find solutins for other peoples problems), but no success to
> > solve it.
> >
> > I have also meen in contact with MS Support and it end up in that to there
> > opinion the DLL is corrupt and only solution is a reinstallation.
> >
> > Something I see as a "last resort"...I also have upgraded from Basic to Home
> > and than to Ultimate...and have only the license via electonically download,
> > so I can not run a "Repair"..
> >
> > So..is it anyone who can recommend a work around solution to this problem?
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> > Ambjörn

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2008
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error: 8000702
If this tool doesn't work, looks like a reinstallation or repair
installation -

Automatic Updates and WindowsUpdate Reset tool
http://www.codeplex.com/aureset

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco


"Amren" <Amren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:320BB59A-51AC-4FA3-903C-BECFE7DAAF86@microsoft.com...
> Hi "Engel"
>
> Sorry to say despite to your name "Engel", you advice did not solve the
> problem...
> Last try was to manually dowload the System Update Readiness Tool. It was
> no
> problem to download but dont update my laptop.
>
> Probably no solution to find....Im now runing Vista Ultimate after an
> upgrade from Premium (I made that about 1 year ago)..from MS website so I
> do
> not have any DVD.
>
> Seems like a re installatin may be the only solution...but I really
> hesitate
> to do that as I have so many programs and files in my laptop...
>
> So if no one else, or you, have any other ideas we have to stop here.
>
> Anyhow, great thanks for try to help me.
>
> Ambjrn
>
> "Engel" wrote:
>
>> Hello Amren,
>>
>> See if anything here helps.
>>
>> You receive a 0x80070002 or 0x80070003 error code after you download an
>> update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server
>> Update Services
>> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336>
>> -=-
>>
>> Error message when you use the Windows Update Web site or Microsoft
>> Update
>> Web site to install updates "0x80070002"
>> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956698>
>> -=-
>>
>> Error code 0x800705aa, error code 0x80070002, error code 0x80004005,
>> error
>> code 0x800405aa, and error code 0x80090019
>> This problem occurs because there are some error codes in a third-party
>> program.
>> Source:
>> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914232>
>> -=-
>>
>> Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista
>> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821>
>> -=-
>>
>> The above is assuming the error is 0x80070002
>> -=-
>>
>> Good luck
>> -=-
>>
>>
>>
>> "Amren" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > I have for a period been uable to update the downloaded Security
>> > Updates
>> > using Windows Update (Im runing Vista Ultimate).
>> >
>> > Looking throught all the good advices at this excellent site (thanks
>> > for all
>> > who try to help find solutins for other peoples problems), but no
>> > success to
>> > solve it.
>> >
>> > I have also meen in contact with MS Support and it end up in that to
>> > there
>> > opinion the DLL is corrupt and only solution is a reinstallation.
>> >
>> > Something I see as a "last resort"...I also have upgraded from Basic to
>> > Home
>> > and than to Ultimate...and have only the license via electonically
>> > download,
>> > so I can not run a "Repair"..
>> >
>> > So..is it anyone who can recommend a work around solution to this
>> > problem?
>> >
>> > Thank you in advance,
>> > Ambjrn



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with windows vista mail, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F ASM microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 5 02-18-2009 08:23
no,socket Error: 11003. Error Number: 0x800CC0D cant i send email name is correctly benitocuervo microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 1 11-01-2008 04:16
Canot post to newsgroups Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F ThatsIT.net.au microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 2 03-09-2008 16:23
Canot post to newsgroups Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F ThatsIT.net.au microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 03-09-2008 15:37




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:49.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120