This INFO was copied from a MSDN Blog. This worked for me but it takes more
than 30 minutes.
Aaron Stebner's WebLog
NET Framework Troubleshooting Guide:
It if very hard to say the root cause of the issue without checking the
install log. But with MSDN troubleshooting experience you can try the below
1. Run the MS cleanup tool ; msicuu2.exe
2. After cleanup has completed.
3. Browse to folder c:\Windows and delete the Folder name Microsoft.Net
4. Browse to folder c:\windows\system32 look for a file name mscoree.dll and
see if it is available, and if you find that delete it
5. Click Start > Run > Type Regedit > Ok > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE >
MICROSOFT > Delete the key .Netframework
6. Rename the folder C:\MSOCache C:\MSOCache_old
6. Restart the computer
1. Click Start Run Type %temp% delete all the files there after you sort by
date modified and you might not able to delete some file which you can
2. Open a notepad and copy the as it is below and the save it as
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
3. Once the registry key is created double click on that and at the prompt
4. This verbose logging will create the log file an will help MSDN to find
5. Run the installation of frame work. If it installs you are finished. If
not send the log files which will get created in the Temp folder with name
as MSI. Zip those files and send it to MSDN at;
Please let me know if the above information helps.
"stanshoe" <email@example.com> wrote in message
> When I try to install .net 3.5 sp1 (windows xp pro) the installation fails
> and the error log tells me that "DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET
> 3.0 SP2 x86 is not installed."
> I have tried installing .net 3.5 and then installing 3.5 sp1 but the same
> error still appears. How can I install .net 3.0 sp2? I do not see any
> stand alone download.