RE: Generic host process for win 32 services ?

LadyD2r

RE: Generic host process for win 32 services ?
Dingaz, Have you found out anything about this problem. I am having EXACTLY
the same problems as you are. I get the same dialog box - and end up having
to reboot. Is there any help anywhere. This is terrible. Thank you

"dingaz" wrote:

> hi, couldnt work out how to post new question where i wanted it so am asking
> the question here.
> just recently i started getting a generic host for win 32 has encountered a
> problem dialog box when i am on the internet, the box has 2 options, either
> debug or close. it doesnt matter which 1 i choose the internet connection
> closes and wont allow me to reconnect. i have to restart the computer in
> order to connect again. any help would be appreciated. in case you havent
> figured it out i am a computer spaz, so speaking slowly might help.
> Scott
>
> "NoBrainer" wrote:
>
> > Since the new Windows update i have to let "Generic host process for win32
> > services" access to the internet to allow me to update.
> >
> > I never had to before so what is it and why do i have to let it connect?
> >
> > Any help plz i am a bit of o nOOb

Diana

Re: Generic host process for win 32 services ?
Hello,

Please download the hotfix from this kb article to se if it will resolve
your issue:
894391 You receive a "Generic Host Process" error message after you start
the computer, or DBCS attachment file names are not displayed in Rich Text
e-mail messages

Diana

Diana Smith [MSFT] <diasmith@hotmail.com>
CSS Security Team