Unable to Download Update from Microsoft Update Server

Vivek

Unable to Download Update from Microsoft Update Server
Hi,
Unable to download Microsoft Update from Server, When ever we try to approve
any update on the WSUS, we are getting the following error message.

Error: "The files for this update failed to download. the update can be
approved but will not be available to computers until the download is
complete"

We are getting the following error on Event Viewer:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Windows Server Update Services
Event Category: Core
Event ID: 10032
Date: 11/5/2008
Time: 2:25:03 PM
User: N/A
Computer: AGSBSRVPAT01
The server is failing to download some updates.

Regards,
Vivek

Re: Unable to Download Update from Microsoft Update Server
Right pew, wrong church. Forwarded to WSUS newsgroup
(microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services) via crosspost as a
convenience to OP.

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services

In your newsreader:
--
~PA Bear

Vivek wrote:
> Hi,
> Unable to download Microsoft Update from Server, When ever we try to
> approve
> any update on the WSUS, we are getting the following error message.
>
> Error: "The files for this update failed to download. the update can be
> approved but will not be available to computers until the download is
> complete"
>
> We are getting the following error on Event Viewer:
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Windows Server Update Services
> Event Category: Core
> Event ID: 10032
> Date: 11/5/2008
> Time: 2:25:03 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: AGSBSRVPAT01
> The server is failing to download some updates.

> Regards,
> Vivek

Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\)

Re: Unable to Download Update from Microsoft Update Server
> Vivek wrote:

>> Hi,
>> Unable to download Microsoft Update from Server, When ever we try to
>> approve any update on the WSUS, we are getting the following error
>> message.
>>
>> Error: "The files for this update failed to download. the update can be
>> approved but will not be available to computers until the download is
>> complete"

The most likely reasons for downloads to fail are:

1. Server requires proxy authentication and has not been configured with
proxy credentials (although, typically, this also impacts synchronization,
not just downloading of content).

2. Proxy/Firewall doesn't properly support HTTP v1.1 protocol, and the
download is failing, usually due to Range Protocol Header faults. (See
%ProgramFiles%\Update Services\Logfiles\SoftwareDistribution.log for
additional detail on the failures and possible reasons).

3. Permissions are incorrect on server when file content is stored to a
non-system volume. When using drive other than SYSVOL, ensure that
NTAuthority\Network Service account has READ access to the DRIVE on which
the content is being stored.

4. Quotas have been enabled, and the default quota has been exceeded for the
"Network Service" account (which is the account under which BITS runs and
thus writes the content to the filestore).

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com